Monday, March 7, 2011

Getting ready for surgery

Well, my wait is almost over.  I go into the hospital Wednesday for my surgery.  Sure looking forward to getting this over with.  The doctor expects me to spend 2 nights in the hospital, but I MIGHT get to come home after just one.  Got all my pre-op stuff taken care of Friday, so I'm ready to go!

Dennis had to return to work today.  He is usually ready after being off for 2 weeks, but he really wasn't this time.  His ribs are much better...the time off was a God-send for allowing them to heal.  We got quite a bit accomplished during his vacation and had a great time, too.

Rick left for Arkansas last Tuesday after work.  He started his new job in Ft. Smith Thursday morning.  He is still in training for the rest of this week.  Right now, he and Josh are staying with Mike and Meghan.  They are supposed to be able to move into their apartment the first of April.  Meghan is a sweetheart for putting up with them that long!  It was hard to see Ricky go, again, but I'm hoping that this will be a good move for him.  I will miss him!

After he moved out, I was talking to Dennis about looking for some cheap furniture at garage sales or similar venues for putting in our "new" guest room (since Rick took his furniture with him).  Dennis told me that after 33 years of living with hand-me-down furniture, he thought we ought to buy us a bedroom set.  So we spent several days shopping last week and finally found one online that we really liked and was a good deal.  It is on order and should be delivered in a couple of weeks.  I'm so excited!  We've never bought furniture before...except for the kids bunk beds when they were little and our 2 recliners when we sold our house in Nacogdoches.  I feel a little guilty about it though.  I'm not used to spending money on ourselves like that.  Usually we buy something because we need it...not just because we want it.  I've never "fixed up" a house before...not really talented in that area...but I'm starting to get the bug.  I ordered new curtains (on clearance, of course!) for the guest room, so I can get rid of those awful blinds.  We will move our current bedroom furniture in there when the new stuff arrives.  I hope to repaint the walls as soon as I'm able.  I'd also like to paint all of the interior of the house, but that will be a long-term plan. 

Well, I'd better get busy.  I need to get all the laundry done, groceries bought, and the house tidied up before Wednesday.  I hope everyone has a good week and good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment