Have I mentioned my new favorite author...Lisa Wingate? It took me a few books to realize how much I liked her writing. I would read a random book and find some beautiful quote within and think..."Wow, this is an amazing book!" Weeks or months later, I would read another random book and find a beautifully worded passage that I had to share and think..."This is such a beautiful book!" After the third time, I got to checking the author and realized they were all written by the same woman. (Yeah, it takes me awhile to notice things.) She lives in Texas (that gives her extra credit right there) and writes inspirational books with very realistic characters who make a difference...in spite of their human frailties. (She is also on facebook and is quite friendly.)
"Good Hope Road" takes place in Missouri over the course of a few days...beginning with a devastating tornado and its aftermath. It is written from the perspective of two very different characters. The first is a young woman from "the wrong side of the tracks", who feels trapped by her family circumstances. The second, her neighbor who is an older widow who has a tendency to harshly judge others but keeps some troubling secrets of her own. The struggles they face as the town tries to rescue storm survivors and find a way to move forward teach them both some surprising lessons. This story will touch your heart and may just make you reexamine your own life and relationships.

No comments:
Post a Comment