Friday, March 23, 2012

To Arkansas and back

It has been so nice being able to do some traveling while Dennis has been off work!  We left last Friday morning and drove up to spend the weekend with Ricky.  It was great to be able to spend some time with him.  Even though I know he is where he needs to be, I really miss that "boy"!
Saturday morning, we met up with a group from the Alma congregation for a late breakfast at the Cracker Barrel.  I do believe that was the best breakfast I've ever had!  The food was delicious and the service was exceptional.  We always enjoy being able to visit with all the young families up there, too.  They are such a warm and loving group!

 After our leisurely brunch, the three of us drove to Mount Magazine.  We hiked the north rim, which was about a 4-4 1/2 mile route.  The scenery was gorgeous and the weather was perfect...warm but with a cool breeze blowing.  When we returned to the visitor center, it was just about time for a presentation on the bears in the park.  That provided a perfect opportunity to rest up a bit and learn a little more about the park and its inhabitants.  It was very interesting and entertaining!
Mike and Megan were babysitting all the kids that evening, so we decided to crash their little "party".  We ordered pizza for supper and spent the evening visiting, fishing, sitting around the fire and just enjoying all the activity.  Those kids just love one another and play so well together!  They are all sweet and well-behaved children.  I particularly enjoyed playing "grandma" to little Miss Lucy.  She is such a sweet, loveable baby!

 We enjoyed two wonderful assemblies at Alma on the Lord's Day.  We ate lunch with the group and then did a little shopping between services.  Josh and Brittney showed up at evening services (he had spent the weekend in Clarksville...proposing and planning a wedding!), so we all got to extend our congratulations and visit with the happy couple.  Then we all went to Braums for supper/ice cream.  We really enjoy our fellowship with all the sweet families at the Alma congregation!

Monday we got up and drove to Benton to spend a couple of nights with Dennis' mom.  The first order of business (after eating a scrumptious lunch that Maxine had prepared) was to find a walk-in clinic.  I had awaken with a pretty bad urinary tract infection and needed some relief.  I was so thankful that we were able to get right in to see the NP and get my prescriptions.  I didn't feel very well the rest of the trip, but I was MUCH better than I would have been without any medication!

Warren and Linda and Ben's family came over Monday night to visit awhile.  Those girls of Ben and Laura's are growing up so fast!  We don't get to see them nearly as often as we'd like.  The next evening, Warren and Linda invited us over to their house for supper.  Charles and Belinda's family and Linda's parents also came.  We enjoyed another wonderful feast and visit with all of them.  Ben's family showed up after supper (although Ben had to leave shortly thereafter on an emergency run).  It was good spending time with all the family!

We left Wednesday morning and headed home.  We had a great trip, but it sure felt nice to get back home and sleep in our own bed.  I guess that will be our last trip before Dennis heads back to work in about a week.  It has been great while it has lasted!

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

1 comment:

  1. We really enjoyed getting to see y'all again, brief though it was. I'm glad you had a safe trip home, and we look forward to the next visit.

    ReplyDelete