Monday, October 22, 2012

A Normal Weekend ... (finally!)

Last week was fairly normal for a change...didn't have any big weekend plans.  Mary Fox called Friday and told me that Jim, her husband, was back in the hospital.  He had been in with pneumonia a couple of weeks ago.  This time he has a couple of bloodclots in his leg.  Saturday morning I went with her to the hospital to see him.  He was still in a lot of pain and the circulation to his foot still wasn't good.  His doctor was off for the weekend, so it will be today before they know anything new.  They had gone in on Friday to break up the clots and had put him on Coumadin, so he SHOULD be improving.  I would really appreciate your prayers on their behalf.  They are getting up in years and are both pretty fragile.

Yesterday morning, Brother Wayne D. spoke for us at Highway.  Such a treat to hear a lesson from this wonderful 90 (next Monday) year old man!  He did an excellent job.  I'm sure we were all benefited from his lesson.

It was just the five of us for lunch yesterday.  The girls headed home after helping with the dishes, so we could all rest up.  The kids had all gone to Six Flags on Saturday, after being up late around the fire pit Friday night, so they were pretty tired.

Ricky starts his "new" job this morning!  He is going back to work at Titan Bank, where he worked before moving back to Arkansas.  Right now it is just temporary, helping out while Alan is out and while another teller is out on maternity leave.  He's looking forward to being back at his old job.

This week will be pretty full.  Pam H. is having knee replacement surgery tomorrow morning.  She has had 2 other surgeries on her knee this year, which both failed.  We hope and pray that this will take care of her problem and she can recover the full use of her leg.  She has been hobbling around on a cane and being in pain for many months!  Please pray for a successful surgery and quick recovery for her!

Thursday, I head to Frisco for the Texas CASA conference.  Sheila will come over after work that evening.  I'm really excited about the workshops and presentations that are on the agenda.  Now that I have a little experience under my belt, I ought to understand and process the information better than I did during our training.  One of our speakers will be the author of the book A Child Called "It".  Another one of the presentations I'll be attending will be a panel of former CPS kids.  Both should be very enlightening!

I hope all of you have a wonderful week!

From Brother Wayne's lesson:  Ps 119:33  Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end. 34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart. 35  Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment