Monday, March 11, 2013

Facing MY Giant...


The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy! I baked and decorated three cakes:  one depicting a llama farm (for a retirement party; one, a 3D Hello Kitty cake (for my 16 year old CASA kid), and the last, a castle wedding cake (never again!).  I also helped Ricky with a bake sale (baking a dozen banana nut mini-loaves and a batch of cookies, then helping work the sale); attended a court hearing, a permanency conference and started getting up to speed on my new CASA case...plus put together a court report for an upcoming permanency hearing.  The wedding was Saturday evening (after a nasty storm blew through the area), and then...Daylight Savings Time!  Joy, oh joy...how I love DST (can you hear the sarcasm dripping from my words?).  I'm afraid to say that I was pretty grumpy yesterday...just plain tired and burned out.  I tried to keep it inside and just not say anything, but I'm sure I wasn't the most pleasant person to be around all day. 



















Ricky introduced me to the show, "The Biggest Loser", yesterday afternoon.  It sure made me want to get my act together and start working out again!  I had been doing so well with my exercise program until last August, when I started keeping Caidem.  I've allowed one thing after another to keep interfering ever since.  I might exercise once or twice and then let it go again...never staying with it and allowing it to become a regular habit.  I gained back all the weight that I had lost since my hysterectomy and have really been "feeling my age" lately.  I'm hoping I can turn it around and stay motivated enough to get back to a healthier lifestyle!

This week should be much more manageable.  I have quite a bit of CASA work to do (having 3 cases really keeps me busy!), but I don't have any other "special projects" going on.  Then next week, Ricky and Sheila are leaving on vacation.  I will really miss the two of them, but that will give me even more time to get back into an exercise routine.  (I'm really bad about finding excuses!)

Well I guess it is time to "put my money where my mouth is" and get busy! 

Pr 23:2 And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite. 3 Be not desirous of his dainties: for they are deceitful meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment