Saturday, April 6, 2013

2Co 4:8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

This has been an emotionally exhausting week!  Because I wish to honor others' privacy, I can't go into detail about what all has happened but it has been grueling.  One day, I told Dennis that it felt like a "Job" kind of day.  I was hesitant to answer my phone for fear of more bad news!

I spent 3 full days in court this week.  The parents of my CASA babies were being tried in district court on 1st degree felony charges:  knowingly, by omission, causing serious bodily injury to a child.  I have been long awaiting the outcome of these trials!  I didn't realize how difficult it would be to sit through them however.  Even though I knew the facts of the case and had seen all the pictures, it was heart-wrenching to go through it all again...especially now that I have grown to love them so much!  Listening to the defense attorney's statements and questions was maddening tho...I would tremble from being so upset, knowing that he was purposely being misleading.  But the outcome of both trials insured that the parents can never harm those children again.  The trial outcome will also solidify the case to terminate parental rights and allow the babies to be adopted by someone who will love and care for them.  I'm very thankful that the citizens of this county take child abuse/neglect so seriously and want to send a message that it will NOT be tolerated here!

The weather has been rather unsettled this week, too.  We've had thunderstorms, cold weather and wind earlier in the week and hot, sunny conditions today.  I drove to the South Dallas area this morning to visit with 3 of my CASA kids and their foster parents.  The bluebonnets were in full bloom along the road...beautiful!  I love spring.  Next weekend is the Spring Fling at Clark's Gardens.  The girls will be working a booth, so I will probably head out there to enjoy the sights.

I hope that this past week has treated all of you kinder than it has some of our loved ones.  I look forward to better days ahead.

Ps 119:143 Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me: yet thy commandments are my delights.

2Co 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment