We have been studying the book of Matthew for the past few months on Sunday evenings. I love reading and studying the four gospels! They contain the story of Jesus, which is what it is all about. I love the words of the old song:
Tell me the story of Jesus
Write on my heart every word
Tell me the story most precious
Sweetest that ever was heard.
Mike gave an excellent study on Matt. 25 last night. It is one of those special chapters that solely contain the words of Jesus. I particularly like to focus on the things that Jesus spoke and taught...after all, He is the living Word. This chapter consists of 3 parables, each one offering something about what is expected of us and how we'll be judged. The first is the parable of the ten virgins, which tells us we need to be wise and prepared in order to be accepted. The next was the parable of the talents, which tells us we need to use what God has given us. The third was a scene from the day of judgment where the goats are separated from the sheep based on their compassion and caring for those in need. There is enough is this chapter to keep us busy our whole lives...and it should! Good stuff!
So today, I am thankful that we have the words of Jesus preserved for us. We have been blessed richly to be able to read what was said by the Son of God. Words that give life. Words that changed the world. How awesome is that?! (and I don't use the word awesome lightly!)
Matthew 25:44-46 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

No comments:
Post a Comment