Monday, May 11, 2015

Drought conditions vs. the power of God

You all may be tired of hearing about this, but after years of extreme drought, God has healed our land!  This is the first time that I've had access to the data to be able to watch a water source filled.  Palo Pinto County has been on extreme water rationing for over a year.  It was projected that we would be out of water by July 1.  This is what happened instead:

Date
Percent Full
Water Level
(ft)
 
 
 
Surface Area
(acres)
Today
2015-05-11
92.6
866.11
 
 
 
2,139
Yesterday
2015-05-10
63.2
862.21
 
 
 
1,838
2 days ago
2015-05-09
39.9
858.31
 
 
 
1,367
1 week ago
2015-05-04
29.6
856.02
 
 
 
1,049
1 month ago
2015-04-11
8.9
847.31
 
 
 
411
3 months ago

2015-02-11
8.4
846.96
 
 
 
398.
In one month, Palo Pinto Lake went from 8.9% full to 92.6% full.  It rose 19 feet.  It went from covering 411 acres to covering 2139 acres.  I am amazed at God's providence!

I came across a verse this morning in my daily reading that fit.  It shows the futility of worrying about the things in life that we have no control over, but God does.

Proverbs 21:1 The king's heart in the hands of the Lord is like the water streams, and by him it is turned in any direction at his pleasure.

I am so thankful that we have an all-powerful God who is in control...and who knows what is best for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment