Well, we enjoyed our time spent with Janette last week.
Although I’ve seen her at meetings and such for years, it has only been very
recently that we’ve really gotten to know one another. It was fun to have her
in our home, and she helped make the long drive to Benton and back more pleasant
with her presence!
It was good to see everyone in Benton, but it was
heartbreaking to “say good-bye” to dear Kenneth. Ken read a note that Kenneth
had written for Sue’s funeral, but then forgot to take, so he wrote another
note instructing “the boys” to read it at his funeral. It was very sweet. Then
Jack did an excellent job talking about Kenneth and Sue, because you really can’t
give credit to Kenneth for his work without mentioning her. Jack was able to
add a very personal perspective to his comments, since he grew up with Kenneth’s
boys. We stayed and enjoyed the lunch provided by the local churches, as well
as a little extra visiting with the family. I also got to hold cute little
Eleanor K. so her mom could eat without distraction. She is adorable! I’m sure
looking forward to having one of those in about 4 months!
Thursday morning,
I had court (which, thankfully, went very quickly and well!), then came home to
Sheila and Nam. They actually arrived a little before I left. Sheila said Nam
did not like having me leave! We had a fun day with them, and then drove around
looking at lights after supper. I had cooked Zuppa Toscana for supper, and Nam
loved it! He went back for seconds and upended his bowl! That kiddo is probably
the best soup eater I’ve ever seen in a young child…even when the soup has kale
in it! I also sent them home with some leftover shrimp etouffee. Sheila said he
loved it too, when she heated it up for him. She told him that I had made it
for them, and he said, “I love you, Granny!” What a sweetie!
Sheila and Nam spent Thursday night, so Friday morning we
took them to see my Aunt Coez. She has been so excited about the adoption! Nam
enjoyed our visit with her. She has SO many cool things all over her house. She
gave him a cute little musical decoration that plays “Jingle Bells”. I think
that has now replaced “Row, Row, Row Your Boat” as his favorite song. I had come home from Benton with another cold, and was
feeling worse each day, so I didn’t do much for the next couple of days. I
finally started feeling better Sunday morning. I didn’t fix Sunday dinner, so
we just took the folks back to Brookdale after taking them to Braum’s for
lunch. Then that evening, a bunch of us all went out to Rosa’s together. It was
fun! Sarah P. and her kiddos were visiting, so they went with us.
This morning, I’ve been taking care of insurance stuff and
paying bills. I THINK I’ve got Daddy’s insurance straightened out again. It has
been a real pain! I am NOT a fan of TRS for creating all of the problems that I’ve
had to clean up. After lunch we went to Walmart to buy groceries. I got my
regular stuff, plus what I’ll need for our seafood boil next Monday…shrimp,
crab legs, baby potatoes and stuff to make a key lime pie. That has been our “traditional”
Christmas dinner for the past several years. Dennis isn’t a ham eater, and it
is too soon after Thanksgiving for turkey, so I decided to do something
completely different for our holiday meal. We all really enjoy it. It is one of
those meals that is too expensive to do on a regular basis, but it is perfect
for a special occasion!
We are taking Daddy to do some errands tomorrow. He needs to
get some bloodwork done, plus we need to go get a handicap placard to place on
our rearview mirror when we are driving them around. We got the paperwork from
the doctor a couple of weeks ago, but we’ve been too busy to go get the placard
ever since. Daddy will then have his PT that afternoon. He started last week,
and he thinks it is helping already to build up his strength. He will have it
twice a week for 6 weeks, plus they’ve told him to do it on his own a couple of
times a day when they aren’t around.
We are going to Sheila’s and Nam’s on Wednesday to visit, go
out for supper, and go look at lights in either Hudson Oaks or Willow Park…I
can’t remember which. It is supposed to be a display that you can walk around
amongst. Nam ought to LOVE that! I hope they have snowmen, because that is his favorite
right now.
Cara and Heather are coming into town this weekend. They
will spend Saturday visiting with Sheila and Nam and then come over here to
spend the night. (Sheila isn’t quite ready for entertaining overnight guests
just yet.) Then we all plan to go to services at Henrietta Creek on Sunday,
including Daddy and Bobbie, and spend the day visiting. Dennis will bring the
folks back home, but I plan to spend Sunday night with Sheila and Nam. We want
to start our new tradition for Christmas Eve…exchanging pj’s, then wearing our
new pajamas while drinking hot cocoa and watching Christmas movies. Then
Monday, we’ll head back over here for our seafood boil. Everything is a little
more special now that Nam has become a part of our family!
Well, I need to take care of some things, so I’ll bid you
all adieu and wish you a very merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment