Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Spring Blessings!


Happy 1st Birthday to our dear Gracie! It was such a blessing one year ago today to welcome this sweet little girl into our tribe of rowdy boys! I can’t wait to see her this weekend and celebrate the occasion. Nam will be traveling to Paris with Dennis and I on Friday, and his parents will be coming Saturday morning. He is pretty excited to have a sleepover with his cousins! (Although he will be sleeping in our room, NOT with the boys! That would be asking for trouble!)

Congratulations to Becca and Weston, as well as the rest of the family, on the birth of beautiful Claire! Amber was keeping in close touch with her mom all day yesterday, and she was keeping me informed on Becca’s progress. It sounded like they all had a very difficult and exhausting 24 hours! But now that sweet baby girl is with them, and everyone is safe and healthy. Praise God for that!

Things are going well here. It has been raining pretty much solid for the past day…lots of thunder and lightening last night. Dennis has been busy staining and oiling the bedframe that he’s been making for Sheila and Matt. It has turned out beautifully! I’ll try to post a picture of the finished product when he gets through.

I am into my 4th week of chiropractic care for my displaced ribs. Last week and this week I got a massage before my adjustment. That really seemed to help a LOT! Those muscles between my ribs have been very tight and inflamed. Right now I’m feeling pretty good…about 80% normal. I’m still pretty sore after my adjustments, but when the pain settles down, I’m pretty much pain free unless I put too much strain on my ribs (or lay on them). I have two more weeks to go before Dr. Pray expects me to be completely normal. She said that when ribs are displaced in the back, they adjust quickly. But mine were displaced all the way around to my sternum, which takes longer to manipulate. It has been very painful, but it looks like it is almost over! So thankful for that! Now that my ribs are almost back to normal, and my right ankle has completely healed, I actually feel like doing things again.

I have a photo book from Shutterfly on its way that I made from Sheila’s wedding pictures. I can’t wait to see it! I am SO pleased with how the pictures all turned out! I ordered several prints and enlargements that I’ve been finding places for this past week. There were so many good shots of the grandkids and group pictures of all my kiddos. I love good photographs!

This has really been a beautiful spring! The bluebonnets are starting to wane now, but they have been SO pretty. The Indian paintbrushes has been spectacular this year! Right now, it looks like all of the wildflowers are blooming at once: bluebonnets, paintbrushes, primroses, and many others that I can’t identify. Patches of blue, coral, pink, yellow, and purple are set against the vivid green of the grass. I have really been enjoying my drives between here and Willow Park or Weatherford to pick up Nam.

I hope spring is lovely wherever you are and that you are enjoying the blessings that surround you!

No comments:

Post a Comment