This will be my last post for a while. In the past, when
people “demonized” facebook and other social media, I contended that it wasn’t
evil…it was how you used it. I have tried to use it for sharing positive
things, as well as staying in touch with those that I don’t see often. My
belief has been that if the people who try to use it for good leave, then it
will be what others have said it was.
I’m admitting defeat. I don’t know if I’ll be back or not. I
will miss the ability to know how folks are doing and who is having babies and
such like. But the ugliness is just more than I can take right now. I find
myself getting angry and bitterly disappointed in my fellow man. That’s one
reason that I avoid the news. It is depressing, and I feel helpless to change
anything, so why subject myself to it? I felt like facebook was different…that
I could make a difference. Rather than feeling like I’ve done anything positive
with my efforts, I just feel more frustrated and vexed (as my dear Granny would
say).
So, if you need to communicate with me, please feel free to
call, text or even (dare I say it?) write me. There are still a few “old souls”
that use that archaic form of communication. If someone dies or gives birth or
gets married, etc., I would appreciate it if you could let me know via one of
the aforementioned modes. Who knows? After I have had some time to calm down, I
may be back. Or I may decide life is just much nicer without social media.
Stay safe, be kind, and keep in touch!
No comments:
Post a Comment