Hope you all enjoyed your Labor Day weekend! Even though we
missed our normal gathering in Haslet, we had a fun day with Sheila’s family on
Monday. It had been a while since we’d been to their house for a visit. Matt
cooked burgers on the patio and we spent several hours catching up with one
another. Love our family time!
We have really been enjoying the rain and cooler temps this
week! We got about 4” this time around. Everything has really greened up with
the recent precipitation. Hopefully it will help the upcoming fall leaves be
more vibrant.
Dennis didn’t want to start on a big project before taking
off next week, so he’s been working on the cabinet doors for our entertainment
center. They are going to make a big difference! After we get back from our trip,
I plan to order some clear plastic storage boxes for our DVDs. I’ve had to
arrange them 2-deep which will make it hard to find a specific movie. My plan
is to group them all into categories (like kid movies, family films, action,
chic flics, etc.), so we can easily find the desired box and then select which
movie we want. I love organization! (The shelves will all be covered with doors when finished.)
We leave for Yellowstone one week from today! We are SO ready! I’ve been buying up groceries that we’ll need, along with other essentials. I’m getting my CASA visits done this week, so that will be taken care of for the month of Sept. I’ve got my list compiled of everything I plan to take, plus our itinerary planned out in detail. We are starting to see snow on the live cams from Yellowstone, which is exciting! It is going to be hard to wait another week.
Even though the COVID-19 numbers are going down
considerably, for which I am very thankful, the number of people that I know
and love that have been infected is going up. So far, all of the cases have
been relatively mild (no breathing problems or need for medical attention). I
pray that will continue, and that none of them have any lasting problems from
the virus. I know we are all very tired of the effects that this pandemic has
had on our lives! I am SO looking forward to going back to “normal”. That’s one
of the things that we are so looking forward to with this upcoming trip. We
haven’t been on a “real vacation” in 3 years. Being able to take off and
explore is part of the “normal” that we looked forward to when Dennis retired.
Even though we haven’t blockaded ourselves in our house since the lockdown
started in March, we have restricted our movements quite a bit. So just getting
out away from home and seeing new sights will be a treat.
Well, that’s about all for now. Stay safe and be kind!

No comments:
Post a Comment