Thursday, April 1, 2021

Update on March activites

 Spring has arrived! The weather has been beautiful, dreary, sunny, rainy, warm, chilly…and windy. Typical spring weather. The trees have been blossoming and greening up. Wildflowers (especially bluebonnets) are popping out everywhere. I love springtime! (My allergies are acting up big time, but that is typical for this time of year, too!)

We had a two-night sleepover in March with Nam. It was so good to have him over again! We just picked up where we left off a half-year ago. I fixed him his favorite foods, he and Grandad played their usual games, and we enjoyed seeing life through Nam-eyes again. His folks came over to pick him up and we “picnicked” in the front yard. It was really great to spend some time visiting with them again, too! I had a hard time saying good-bye, but at least I knew that things were finally easing up so that we can be together more. (We have another sleepover coming up in a few days!)

We had Rick and Amber over last week for supper. Dennis needed help carrying the marble vanity top and setting it in place. It was WAY too heavy for me to handle! We really enjoyed our time with them. I’m ready to start doing monthly (at LEAST) get-togethers with them again. I’m ready to start cooking for company again! I’m really tired of just fixing for just Dennis and myself. (However, we just ordered in this time...kind of a last minute thing.)

Dennis and I received our second Moderna vaccines, and Coez got both of her Pfizers. We still have another week until we are up to “full” immunity, but it feels good to start loosening up a bit. I have an appointment to get my hair cut next Friday (first time in 18 months!). We are planning a potluck on the 11th. Then we have a trip planned a couple of days later. I have a CASA kid who is placed in East Texas that I’ll finally be able to go see. While we are in the area, we plan to have a short visit with Larry and Johnnie. We haven’t visited with them in years! We are really looking forward to that. Then we plan to swing by Stephen’s for a visit (and take Gracie’s birthday present to her – can’t believe she is almost 3). I am really looking forward to spending more time with family and friends {and going out to restaurants again}!

I’m on my 5th week of PT which is continuing to go well. I am slowly regaining strength and mobility in my right shoulder. I noticed this morning, as I was making the bed, that I can do more things without pain than I could before. I used to could really feel it when I used my right arm to fling the covers across the bed to straighten them. But this morning, I did it without even noticing it. My upward and forward motion is probably about 95% or more of normal. I still have a long way to go on reaching behind my back. But I can tell that I’ve made a little progress there, too. I’m very thankful for my good surgeon, my physical therapist, and the easy healing that God has granted me throughout this process!

The hall bathroom is looking great! Dennis is still working on trim…particularly around the tub surround. We finally got all of the “accessories” hung up this afternoon, including a picture that I found that I really like in there. I am SO happy with how it has turned out! Dennis thinks that he’ll have it completely finished by the 11th, when we have folks over for the potluck. He plans to take a short break, then on to the back bedroom! That should be a relatively easy remodel. There aren’t any structural changes to make, other than walling over the built-in cabinet. Since we are replacing the sheetrock anyway, that won’t be a problem. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

During demolition

After

Well, I guess that about catches us up since my last post. I hope you all are staying healthy and able to start re-integrating into society. I know COVID isn’t gone, but I hope that the worst is behind us and we can move on. Be safe and be kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment