Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Goodbye June!

Well, 2021 is now half-way over. WOW! Where does the time go?

I took Sheila out for her birthday last week to a neat place that she found in South FW. It is a non-profit that serves upscale food but doesn’t have prices on their menu. You can choose to pay what you think it is worth, pay what you can afford, not pay at all, or pay enough to help cover their expenses for those who can’t pay. The food was great…as was the service! (All of the servers are volunteers.) It has a casual ambiance, so anyone would feel comfortable going there to eat. There looked to be several people there who could benefit from their service. Such a great idea (although I realize that it wouldn’t necessarily work just anywhere)!

I had planned to take Sheila out for pedicures that day. However, a few days previously, I think I broke my little toe. I couldn’t even wear closed shoes. There was NO way that I was going to let someone mess with my feet! (My toe is much better now.) So we just hung out and did a little looking around the area close to where we ate lunch. We went to the Best Maid Pickle Emporium, which I’ve been wanting to visit since I learned it was in FW. It was interesting. I had recently bought all of the pickles I needed, so I didn’t make any purchases. But it was fun learning about the history of the company and seeing all of the products that they provide. We also went to a little market, where I bought a GORGEOUS cantaloupe. Dennis and I ate on that thing for days! It was HUGE! Finally we stopped in at a cute little diner for a glass of iced coffee and a shared piece of coconut pie. Even though we didn’t do anything exciting, I still enjoyed my time with my girl. When I took Sheila home, I picked up Nam and brought him back with me for a couple of nights. We had some great conversations on our way home, as usual! During this trip, Dennis introduced him to the shooting range. Dennis shot a few of his rifles, and Nam shot the BB gun. He loved it! He has now started a brass shell collection. :}

I was sent for an MRI on my brain yesterday. (I REALLY hate those things!) Since phantosmia can be caused by brain anomalies, my doctor wanted to rule out anything there before proceeding. Guess what? I really do have a brain! And it appears to be normal. Some sinus issues showed up on the MRI, so I’m now being referred to an allergy specialist. We’ll see what he has to say. Dennis goes to the same one, and he really likes him. I hope that he can help with my issues…without having to do anything invasive. I’ve already had sinus surgery once, and I DO NOT want to go through that again!

Dennis is still working on the doors for the furnace/water heater closet. They are coming along well! He’s already mounted them, but hasn’t finished them out yet. It already looks so much better, having that area closed off! I will post another picture when he is finished with all of the painting and metal screening.

The louvers will be painted black and covered by black decorative metal. The rest of the doors will be gray...to match the other doors in the hallway.

We are really looking forward to the meeting at Henrietta Creek this weekend! It sounds like there will be a very good turnout. It will be so nice to see friends that we’ve not seen in a couple of years! It will be a little bittersweet though. Ricky and Amber will be heading up to Arkansas next week for his new job. I am so happy for them…it is a great opportunity, and they have always wanted to move up to the Clarksville area. But I am REALLY going to miss them…and the little one when it is born! I dare say that we’ll be making a LOT of trips to Arkansas in the future.

Summertime has definitely arrived! We are still getting some nice rains from time to time, but they have finally slacked off to a reasonable amount…no more DAYS on end of storms. With the rise in temperatures and the high humidity, it feels HOT!

I hope to see a bunch of you this weekend. Safe travels to those who will be on the roads! Try to stay cool, and take care! 

No comments:

Post a Comment