Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Family, friends and crafting

Well, it looks like winter is about over and spring is drawing near. Of course, that could change from day to day! This week is pretty spring-like, anyway.

I finally reached my 50 pounds lost goal on Valentine's Day and got my DP shake to celebrate! I haven’t made any real progress since then though…just hovering around 51 pounds. Weight loss for me isn’t linear. It is a constant zigzag. I eventually go down, but not until I’ve bounced around quite a bit! I’m trying not to obsess over it. As long as I continue to eat healthy and moderately, exercise, and the scales keep reflecting a loss, however slowly it may be, I’m happy. As I’ve said, this is my new lifestyle, and I’m happy with the benefits that it has provided.

Nam came for a couple of nights sleepover two weeks ago. We didn’t do anything special…just our regular stuff. His family came on Saturday to pick him up and had lunch with us. We always enjoy our time visiting with all of them!

The following week was Diane’s sleepover and our painting class. That was the same week that our other winter storm came through, so we were on pins and needles all week, hoping that the roads would be clear (which they were). Diane had a minor plumbing emergency just as she was getting ready to come, which almost knocked her out of making it. She ended up getting here just in time! The class was fun, although it was much more intense than we expected. Sheila came over for it, too. We really enjoyed our evening. I would love to take more classes. I’ve always wanted to learn how to paint. Diane and I are planning to take a watercolor class next weekend. It will be a much simpler design! In the meantime, I am getting hooked on watching the old Bob Ross shows. Maybe one of these days, I’ll get some supplies and try my hand at it for real.


Diane went to church with us the morning after our class, and Charles and Belinda also came over for the day (after having attended Tommy T’s funeral). We all went out to eat together after services and had a good visit. Afterwards, Dennis and I went home with Diane, so he could take care of her plumbing repairs. That gave us even more time to enjoy one another’s company! It was a great weekend!

I finished making Archer’s lovey and stopped with just the one. I had forgotten how difficult it is to sew on such small projects! By the time I finished, I didn’t want to even try to do the second. Maybe later…I saved the pieces that I had cut out. Instead, I did some knitting and started working on my next rag quilt. I am REALLY enjoying making them! I’ve always wanted to make quilts, but they require such precision and take so long. I’m afraid that I don’t have the patience or skill set needed. But rag quilts are quick and “forgiving”…right down my alley! I hope to make one for each of the grands eventually. I just finished the one that I’ve been working on. It is in the wash right now. I still have to wash, shake, wash again, shake again, dry, shake, dry and shake again before it is nice and fluffy. I should have it done by day’s end. I’m hoping to do one to go on the bed in the guest room that we are working on next. I want to use homespun fabric in darker colors for that one.

Archer with his lovey.

We are still waiting for our windows to come in for the guest room. They were supposed to be in the latter part of February. Now they are saying it will be the end of March. Not much else that Dennis can do in there until we get them. He did finish the ramp at the church house. He still has a little trim to add, which he is working on this week. It turned out really well!

I finally go see the ENT Friday for my phantosmia. Funny thing, tho, I haven’t had a flareup of it for the past 8 weeks. I’ve never tracked it before, and I don’t remember if I’ve gone this long without smelling the cigarette smoke before. This may just be a normal part of the “cycle”. It will be interesting to talk to a professional about it tho. My allergies/sinuses have been giving me fits for a long time, so it won’t hurt to get them checked out anyway.

I hope that you are all staying safe and well. There is so much pain in the world right now. Let’s all try to ease someone’s burden and make our little part of the world a better place. Take care and be kind!

Ec 9:10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going. (NKJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment