Sunday, May 14, 2023

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

 I hope all of you moms out there are having a great Mother’s Day weekend! Mine has been wonderful! Amber and I went out for lunch yesterday and then on to Bass Hall to watch “Tootsie” (the musical). Afterwards, she and Ricky took us and Joe/Leanne out for supper. Charles, Linda, and Troy also went with us. We had a yummy supper and good visit…all of us greatly enjoying being entertained by Archer. 😊 

This past month has been quite eventful. I applied for and received my Medicare card (which will be activated July 1). We found out that Ricky and Amber are expecting another baby in December (grandchild #9 for us!). Dennis has ALMOST finished our shower. All he has left is grouting and trimming the niches. Sheila’s family came over last month to celebrate Caleb’s 18th birthday. (How is that possible?!) I made Ricky’s rag quilt and matching pillow, which was (by far) the most complicated one so far. (I gifted it to him yesterday, and he loves it.) Grandbaby #8 was born on the 19th of April…Rosalie Mae, aka Rosie. We were able to go see her just a few hours after her birth, then went to Paris to stay with the other kids the next day until Stephen, Mandy and Rosie got home. (She is beautiful and such a good baby!) Stephen and Mandy arranged for my grandmother necklace to be updated with a birthstone for little Rosie for Mother's Day. I have loved that necklace, and they are so good about keeping it updated as new grandbabies come onto the scene. 

Amber and Archer have been coming over (almost) every week so I can help her learn to make a rag quilt. She is doing a great job and is really enjoying it! I'm thinking she will soon be wanting her own sewing machine, so she can continue making more. It is quite an addicting hobby! My next project will be making a couple of memory quilts for my cousin, who recently lost her mom. Her dad passed away a few years ago, so she wants one made for each of them...using the pj's (dad) and house dresses (mom) that they wore in their declining years. I've also ordered fabric to make a quilt for Dennis for his birthday in October. It will be my first panel quilt. I absolutely love trying new things and working out different designs!



Our congregation made the decision recently to start inviting a guest speaker to come every 5th Sunday and have a potluck after the service. Our first one was last month, and Kirk T was our speaker. We had a few more visitors come, also, which we greatly enjoyed. We are looking forward to our next one in July!

We were also privileged to attend Lula Mae’s 100th birthday party last month. That isn’t something that you get to do very often! She is an amazing woman, who still gets around very well, lives by herself, cooks, cleans and HAND quilts. Her memory is better than mine! What an inspiration!

Unfortunately there were a few others who passed away: my Aunt Ci, Doris C and Gayland S. This has really been a rough year for deaths! I hope we don’t have any more for a LONG time.

I’m so thankful for having all of my kids close enough now so that we can see them on a regular basis. We are LOVING our time with Archer. It is such a blessing to have a front row seat to watching him grow up. We are really looking forward to doing the same with his new little brother or sister. School will soon be out for the summer, so we can start back with our regular sleepovers with Nam. He is actually coming this Friday to spend the night. Sheila and Matt are taking me out this coming Saturday for a belated Mother’s Day dinner. We loved the special time that we had with Stephen’s kids last month after Rosie was born and look forward to more soon. Hopefully we can have the 3 of them (of course, Rosie is too little to join them) come for a visit this summer, too. Being a mom and granny brings so much joy to my life! I honestly can’t imagine life without all of my kiddos.

I hope all of you have a good week and fun summer with your loved ones!

Ps 113:9 He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment