The 'ber months are finally here! That means fall is right around the corner. It is still getting to 100 degrees most days, but the extended forecast shows that ending in about a week. Even at 100 degrees, it feels so much better than what we had most of the summer! We even had a really good rain last week, so part of our yard has made a pretty good comeback. (A lot of it is still brown though.) I'm always ready for fall, but this year I'm EXTRA ready!
Dennis successfully got the floating shelves hung in our bathroom, and I love them! He then moved on to our bedroom. We moved all of our bedroom furniture into a climate-controlled storage unit. Then we temporarily moved into the large guest room. We demolished the walls; Dennis redid the wiring (finally finishing up replacing all of the house's old aluminum wiring with copper!), and we got new sheetrock up. He is now doing the "mudding". That is a long process (for Dennis) involving a lot of taping, spreading mud, and sanding...then repeating the process until he is happy with the results. Once he has it the way he wants it, he'll texture and paint, do crown molding and window trim, install electrical plugs and light fixture, then we can buy carpet and have it laid. All that will remain after that is finishing baseboards (where the carpet is laid) and building and installing our sliding barn door leading into the bathroom area. We are SO CLOSE!
Archer came for a sleepover last month...his first with us. He did so well! We really had fun with him. He was good until he first woke up the next morning. He was missing his momma! He didn't cry...he just walked to the front door and stood there looking sad. Once he had breakfast and woke up good, he was fine though.
I made a couple of burp cloths and loveys to go with Kacey's rag quilt. I tried to make the first lovey, made from a chenille bedspread, to look like Winnie the Pooh. It turned out awful! When we showed it to Archer, he was scared of it! 😒 So I made 2 more using minky and fabric from the quilt...just plain bears, not Pooh. They turned out much better!
![]() |
| burp cloths with chenille backing |
We went to Kyle and Nicole's Friday night for supper to start the Labor Day weekend activities. After visiting with the group and eating way too much, we drove on up to Lake Ray Roberts and stayed the night at the lodge. There was a cool breeze blowing, and it was so peaceful and comfortable! Kay had the room right next to us, so we sat outside and visited for a good while. The next morning we headed over to the park where the pavilion was reserved for the day's activities. It was situated right next to the water, which kept a nice breeze on us all day. We really enjoyed visiting with everyone. I even got to love on a couple of babies, which I ALWAYS enjoy! Dennis developed a bad headache before supper, so we left early to go home. We had to be at Eastside Sunday morning, so that was the end of our Labor Day activities. It was a good weekend, though!
I hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend!
Mt 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (KJV)





No comments:
Post a Comment