Another Mother’s Day is rapidly approaching. I hope that all of you moms and grandmothers get to spend some time with your kiddos. That’s my favorite thing about any holiday or other celebration! Tonight, Sheila’s family is treating me to an early Mother’s Day dinner at an Asian restaurant that I like in FW. Then we’ll be bringing Nam home with us for the night. It has been way too long since his last sleepover! We are looking forward to having some alone time with him.
Rick and Amber are planning to come to Eastside Sunday
morning, then take us out for Mother’s Day lunch. He offered to take me wherever
I wanted to go. I chose Whataburger. 😊 I love my weekly burger and fries, but I
also like to avoid the crowded restaurants on Mother’s Day. Plus our
Whataburger has had Hershey Hugs and Kisses set out for moms the last few years
that we’ve been there on Mother’s Day…and I do love chocolate!
I received a surprise last night, delivered on my doorstep.
Stephen’s family had sent me a digital picture frame. Once I got it set up, I
discovered that all of my kiddos had already uploaded HUNDREDS of pictures onto
it. I love it! Family photos are my favorite, and I have always tried to keep
plenty of them around me at all times. It gets hard to keep them updated
though. Now the family can add new ones on a regular basis, so I can enjoy
seeing all of their activities. What a special gift!
Amber and the kids had come over for the day early last week.
While they were here, Dennis and Archer went to Atwood’s to look at the baby
chicks (and ducks and guineas). They saw a poster for the rodeo here in MW.
Dennis mentioned it to Amber, because Archer had gotten excited and said he
wanted to go. So, Saturday we kept Kacey so they could take him. There were
storms blowing through, so I was concerned that they might get rained out. But
they were able to stay a couple of hours, and Archer loved it! We loved having
Kacey all to ourselves. She was such a good little girl! She is very active and
curious about everything. I got LOTS of sweet snuggling in, too!
Sunday Kay and Diane came over and went to church with us,
then spent the afternoon visiting. We do so enjoy having visitors! I am
thankful for dear friends who go out of their way to grace our assembly and
spend time with us.
I finished up my paper pieced table runner and love how it
turned out. I quilted it by “stitching in the ditch.” That technique was
perfect for the shapes used. One of these days I hope to get more adventuresome
and try some free hand machine quilting. Baby steps! I enjoyed doing the table
runner so much that I’ve already found another pattern to try. It is regular
piecing rather than paper piecing…a much simpler design. It will be pretty for
putting out in the springtime. I have also enjoyed my “toy making” and have a
pattern to make a stuffed turtle. Since I love turtles, I plan to keep this one
here for the grands to play with. I really like having projects lined up to do!
My cousin, Debbie, and I tried out a new restaurant that
just opened here in MW…the Crazy Cajun. I was so excited when I saw the sign! I
love Cajun and creole food (I really like most ethnic cuisines!). I didn’t
think I’d ever talk Dennis into taking me, since he does not like spicy food
(although Mexican is his favorite…as long as it is mild). We went for lunch,
and their lunch menu was quite reasonably priced! We enjoyed it! They also have
plain old fried catfish on the menu, so I should be able to get Dennis to take
me from time to time. 😊
Dennis is ALMOST finished with our sliding barn door! It is
looking great! He’s trying to get the final details completed before Sunday, so
Ricky can help him hang it. It is VERY heavy! It will be so nice to finally
have a door to separate our bedroom and bathroom…after living in this house for
18 years. I think it is really going to add to the look of our bedroom, too. I’ll
post pictures when it is finally hung.
Well, I hope that you all have a wonderful Mother’s Day
weekend!
Ps 113:9 He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be
a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD. (KJV)
No comments:
Post a Comment