Wow, here we are in October already! Even though the days are still plenty warm, the nights are nice and cool. Leaves are falling and there is a tiny bit of color change going on. I've got my fall decorations out, both inside and outside. Things will be pretty busy for the remainder of the year. Most of our family birthdays fall between Oct. 5 and Jan. 30, so presents are piling up in our spare room. I do love this time of year!
As most of you know, Dennis had a stent put in his right carotid artery last month. It turned out being much more blocked than the tests had indicated...90-95%! Everything went well, and he is feeling fine. He goes back next month to have an ultrasound done, and then every 6 months for the next couple of years, to make sure that scar tissue doesn't develop.
![]() |
| Right after surgery |
![]() |
| Day after surgery |
In August, Diane came to spend a couple of nights. Even though I'm a 66 year old married woman, I still love sleepovers! I'm a firm believer in "girl time". We spent one day shopping our local downtown. Gina and Gwen joined us. We shopped, did lunch, went to a local ice cream shop, and enjoyed visiting with one another. It was a great day! I look forward to our next outing!
We also visited the HC congregation in August. It had been too long since our last visit there! We really enjoyed seeing everyone and catching up.
Sheila's family came for supper towards the end of the month for Matt's birthday supper. Of course, we always enjoy spending time with them! We have a hard time getting together these days, except for special occasions. I sure miss the days when we saw each other at least once a week!
We kept Archer and Kacey Labor Day Weekend and the following week...7 nights total. Rick and Amber went to Gulf Shores to celebrate their 5th wedding anniversary. The kids did great! We had such a good time with them. On Wednesday, we met up with Sheila at the FW Zoo. It had been raining and was nice and cool. The rain held off the whole time we were there...just a few light sprinkles. The kids had a blast! It was fun to see Archer bonding with Aunt Sheila. She's always been so good with the little ones!
We had our 5th Sunday guest speaker and potluck at Eastside this past weekend. It was our best crowd so far! Koh was our speaker, and he brought 2 of his kids with him. (Michele and Dalton couldn't come due to illness.) We had several more visitors come from the Henrietta Creek congregation. Ricky's family also came for the day. Charles and Linda also surprised us by showing up. It was great to have a full house again! We SO enjoyed the visits and appreciate everyone who came and made the day so special!
![]() |
| Archer and Gwen did some real bonding |
Next weekend (the 11th-13th), we are having a family get-away at Lake Texoma. I am so excited! The last time we did that was six years ago, when we all went to Lake Palestine. We'll be celebrating all of our October birthdays, but especially Stephen's 40th. I've been baking and freezing for the past couple of weeks, getting ready. I want to have everything as prepared ahead of time as possible, so we can spend all of our time visiting, playing games, and just enjoying our time together.
We've had so much going on that I haven't had a lot of time for crafting. I did do a couple of heirloom bears, made from Mom's wedding dress. I also took the plunge and cut up my wedding dress, so I'm ready to do heirloom bears for the granddaughters using it. I hope to start on Gracie's within the next week or so. I'm not in a big hurry to get Rosie and Kaycey's made yet. They won't be "playthings", but rather keepsakes, so they won't really get any pleasure from them for a few years. I'm enjoying making something special from old clothing. I've also starting cutting up and saving Dennis' old overalls, so some day I can make some kind of keepsake from them for the grands.
![]() |
| My bear |
![]() |
| Sheila's bear |
I hope everyone is enjoying the changing of the season and getting to spend time with loved ones.
Ac 14:17 "Nevertheless He did not leave Himself without witness, in that He did good, gave us rain from heaven and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness."

















No comments:
Post a Comment