I had my carpal tunnel/cubital tunnel surgery done on the 11th, 2 weeks ago yesterday. The surgery went fine, although my doctor told Dennis afterwards, that things were in worse shape than expected. I fully expected to have a quick and easy recovery, since my carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand, a couple of years ago, was a breeze. I was wrong.
I still can't do anything with my left hand and have to take Tylenol around the clock. My incisions haven't given me any trouble. It has all been nerve pain. They are extremely angry! I went Tuesday to have my stitches removed, and they assured me this was to be expected, considering the amount of work that the doctor had to do. I started doing hand exercises several times a day to help things return to normal. I am SLOWLY noticing a little more flexibility in my fingers. I know that I'm making progress, but again, it is very slow.
I'm trying to do as much as I can. I'm doing most of the cooking again...one handed. Dennis has been good to help out as much as I'll let him. I've begun venturing out of the house some but still restrict going much, since that usually causes the pain to worsen. I told Dennis this morning that as soon as I'm able, we need to take a little trip! As much as I love being home. I am tired of my recliner!
So that's been my life lately. Hope things are going better for all of you!
Ps 6:2 Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.
Hope and pray you get relief and healing soon.
ReplyDeleteGlad you’re feeling better. Praying for a speedy recovery.
ReplyDelete