I hope everyone is enjoying summer so far! Although the temperatures are rising, we haven't hit 100 degrees yet, and we are still having enough rain to keep things green and lush. It has been a delightful Spring!
We went to Amarillo over the Memorial Day weekend for their meeting. We really enjoyed the trip! The lessons were very good, and it was great to visit with everyone. I handled the trip fine and was able to drive about half the time. It did feel good to get home though.
I'm still going to therapy...just once a week now, instead of twice a week. I was reevaluated today, and my OT was very happy with the results. I'm showing improvements across the board. On the peg test, I was able to put all the pegs in their holes and then remove them in 36 seconds! I'm regaining sensation in my thumb and index finger, and I'm able (barely) to touch my pinkie with my thumb. My therapist wants to continue to see me weekly for the next 4 weeks, then drop to every other week for the following 4 weeks. She thinks by then, I'll be ready to continue on my own. I still think it will be months before I regain full function, but I'm beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel! Hallelujah!
I gave up on trying to knit, yet, because it irritated my hands so much. However, I tried crocheting over the weekend and was able to do a little. I'm slow and clumsy, but it is working! I'm hoping to try doing some sewing this week. I need to make the curtains for the women's restroom at church. It should be all machine sewing, so I think I'll be able to handle it. (There is no way that I could thread a regular needle right now!) It is great to be able to do more normal things again!
Baby Shelbi should be arriving this month. She is scheduled for June 26, unless she decides to come before then. We are all really looking forward to having another baby!
Enjoy the summer, stay cool and hydrated, and be safe if you travel!
Ge 8:22 "While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, Cold and heat, Winter and summer, And day and night Shall not cease."
Congratulations on the arrival of Shelbi. Who are the proud parents.
ReplyDeleteAlso, glad your getting mobility back in your hand!
DeleteRicky and Amber
Delete