We had last minute guests for Sunday dinner. Mike and Denice came over...first time in a long time. We enjoyed getting some time to visit. They couldn't stay all afternoon, since Denice and I both had to do some meal prep for the funeral on Monday. Sister Merle's funeral was at 10:00, which meant an early start to the day. I got my food ready and left the house around 9:00. I sat with my aunts. It was hard on my aunt Coez. She just buried her son on the 5th of Nov. I left right after the funeral to go help get things ready for the luncheon. By time we got everyone served and then got the cleanup finished it was about 2:00. I'm really going to miss Merle. She was such a sweet, postive lady! But she had lived 88 long, hard years. Her passing was quick...she died 3 days after surgery for a ruptured appendix and bowel obstruction. During surgery, they also found cancer, so I'm thankful that she didn't have to suffer through that.
Wednesday, as I was fixing some lunch, I glanced out my kitchen window and saw a 2 foot long iguana on the wall. Took me by surprise, to say the least! After making sure it was real, and not a joke someone was pulling on me, I called Rick. He got very excited, but wasn't getting off for lunch for another hour. So I called Dennis to see what I needed to do to catch it. I got a net out of the garage, along with the lid to a rubbermaid tub. Then I grabbed my camera and went out the back door and snuck around to the front. I took a couple of pictures and then crept up for the capture. I was afraid that the lizard would "bail" when I got close, but he just clung to the wall as I put the net over him. I couldn't "scoop" him off with the net, so I grabbed him with my hand (net still in place) and pulled him free. I put in the rubbermaid tub, put a baking rack on top and weighted it down so he couldn't get out. Not long afterwards, Rick came in and started messing with him. He was a beauty! I knew that I didn't want to keep him, but I figured someone would like having him. It took me a couple of days, but I finally found him a good home. He was an interesting "houseguest" to have, but it is nice to have him somewhere else!
No comments:
Post a Comment