I enjoy the coming of a new year...a time to reflect on my life, re-examine goals, and monitor where I am in my relationships with God, my family, friends and my community. I don't do New Years Resolutions, per se, but I set goals for the year. I ALWAYS need improvement in every area of my life, and this provides a good opportunity to evaluate those areas and make plans to work on them. I'm really good at doing this "on paper" (which is now actually on my computer), but I struggle with the follow-through. I very well understand Paul's dilemma- Ro 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
I really enjoyed the weekend. The girls' party was a lot of fun, and it was good to spend time with Daddy and Bobby...as well as the Browns. Sunday morning, Brian spoke for us at Highway and did an outstanding job! His lesson was on "Facing the Lions" and dealt with how we all have our struggles that we face, but that God is bigger than our problems. It was a very emotional morning. My heart was heavy, thinking about Koh and Michele's loss, then the song service was very inspiring...as was the lesson. In fact the whole assembly was special. I love it when "everything comes together" like that. I had to wipe away many a tear. It is kind of ironic that sorrow can lead to joy and peace, but that is what happened. I'm so very thankful for God's plan in designing the assembly, as well as the working of His Spirit in our hearts!
I hope each of you who takes the time to read this has a very blessed year...facing your "lions" with the comfort of knowing that God will provide the strength and peace needed.
2Co 13:4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.
No comments:
Post a Comment