Just got home from my postop doctor's visit (with the ob/gyn). I went to see the urologist Wednesday. Everything is doing great! I still have a lot of internal stitches that haven't dissolved, which is what has been causing my soreness over this past week. It will take another 3-4 weeks for them to dissolve and everything to finish healing. So I still have to follow a few restrictions, but I can do most of my normal chores. I'm feeling really well. I am so thankful that I've had such an uneventful recovery and so little pain! I've quit doing my twice daily walks and have been walking 2-2.5 miles a day on my treadmill. I am a true believer in the healing properties of walking after this! I go back for one more postop visit in 4 weeks and then I should be released.
I started doing Weight Watchers online this week. Monday was my first day. I'm hoping this program will be easier to stay with than others I've tried. The low carb diet works great, but it is SO hard to stick with for me. One of the things I like about this program is that you can eat all the fruit you want...and I LOVE fruit. That really helps with the hunger (and sugar) cravings.
My Uncle Buddy has been moved into a rehab center in Weatherford. He is doing pretty well, considering what all he went through. He is very weak and will be having rehab for another week or two before he can go home. He sure had a close call! When it was all over, the doctor told my aunt that they really didn't think he was going to pull through the surgeries. Of course, they didn't factor in the power of prayer. I'm so very thankful to everyone who prayed for them during those couple of scary days!
This weather has really been topsy-turvey lately. We were having beautiful spring weather last week, then it turned off cold again. Now it is getting hot. I guess that is spring for you! Allergies have been really bad around here. That and the cold weather is what made me start using my treadmill. I look forward to getting back outside when things moderate a bit. The bluebonnets are really pretty...not as lush as most years because of the drought, tho. The trees are leafing out nicely. Our yard has been COVERED in "flowers" from our mulberry tree for the past week. Those things track in pretty bad, too! It is almost time to start mowing, but Dennis will have to take care of that for the next month. My doc said it was too early for me to start using a push mower.
Have a wonderful week, everyone!
Ps 20:6 ¶ Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment