Last week was pretty rough in this area...with the fires at Possum Kingdom. Thanks be to God for sending the much needed rains to us over the weekend! The PK complex fire is now completely contained. Yay!
Last Friday I noticed the house was getting too warm and adjusted the thermostat to cool it off and nothing happened. I thought the thermostat had gone out, but when Dennis got home and checked it he determined it wasn't the thermostat. He thought it was the fan motor. Yesterday, on his day off, Thiess came and over and they tore into the unit. It turned out to be an electronic board that was burned out...the motor was fine. We've ordered the part and will probably have to wait a couple of weeks before the unit is serviceable again. Thankfully, the weather has been cooler...and we still have the window unit in the living room...so we are staying comfortable.
Stephen and Mandy came late Friday night and spent the weekend. We always enjoy our time with them! We did a little shopping downtown, played a little golf, watched "Secretariat", and enjoyed sitting out and watching the rain Saturday evening. Monday was their second anniversary. In some ways it doesn't seem like they have been married that long. But, at the same time, it feels like they have been together forever. I'm so thankful that Stephen found such a wonderful young Christian woman for his helpmeet!
Mike gave a good lesson Sunday morning on "Spiritual Planning." After lunch, Stephen and Mandy had to head home, so it was a quiet afternoon. Then Dennis gave a good chapter study that evening that tied in very well with the morning lesson. Afterwards, Anita, the Reddings, the girls and Dennis and I went to eat at McAlister's Deli. It was the first time in a LONG time that we've gone to Weatherford on a Sunday night. We really enjoyed our extra visiting time!
Tuesday, I went to Dora's and helped babysit her twin grandbabies (who are 4 months old). It was a lot of fun to hold and play with the boys. They are so sweet natured! We had planned to go to FW to the RMH volunteer banquet that evening, but Dennis had to work late, so we didn't make it. He still took me out for supper tho!
Well our furniture that we ordered is no longer available from the manufacturer, so it looks like we won't be getting a new bedroom suite. I haven't been able to find anything else that I really like that is affordable, so I've about decided to return to my original plan to just find some second hand furniture for the guest room. I did some reorganizing and worked out a better arrangement for our clothes so they better fit the furniture we have. I was pretty disappointed at first, but now I'm glad that we didn't spend that much money. Maybe some time in the future when we are in better financial shape, we can find something else.
Last Thursday I went up to the bank to help bake pies for Relay for Life. I spent most of the day baking on my own...until the bank closed and the others were able to join me. I worked until about 8:00 and had to leave. I was bushed (and hurt all over)! The girls stayed with it until 2:00 the next morning. They ended up selling 92 pies! That is a LOT of mixing and baking!
I go back for my final (I hope!) checkup tomorrow morning. Then I'll head over to the Ronald McDonald House. I started back volunteering a couple of weeks ago...just on a biweekly schedule this time. Then home to cook supper and head out to Relay! I've spent the past couple of weeks knitting and crocheting stuff for the girls to sell at their table. Dennis has been working on a large signboard for them to use for posting the activity schedule. The girls have worked super hard getting everything ready. I know they are looking forward to having it all behind them.
I hope the severe storms are over for those in Arkansas and the southeastern states. Such destruction! This has been a difficult spring for so many...with the storms and fires. I hope and pray that you all stay safe and sound!
Isa 25:4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
No comments:
Post a Comment