Well, the kids will be leaving the country this afternoon. Stephen and Mandy met us at Daddy's house on Thursday, so I could drive the three of them to the airport. (They left their truck there to avoid those airport parking fees!) I enjoyed getting to spend a little time with them before their departure. I'm so thankful that Stephen and Mandy decided to go. It made me feel a lot better dropping Sheila off at the airport...having her big brother there to be with her. I believe they have been enjoying their time in Florida! I know they are looking forward to the real purpose of their trip, tho. They will spend three days distributing shoes to kids in a large neighborhood of 40,000 residents, half of whom are immigrants from Nicaragua and other Central American countries. Over half of the population lives below the poverty line and have no formal employment. They will be washing the children's feet, fitting them with new shoes, distributing toys, painting the girls' fingernails, and generally demonstrating love to the children who come. When they are not distributing shoes, they will be taking tours of the countryside, both on foot and by zipline. Please keep all of them in your prayers as they journey to Costa Rica over the next three days!
We had a WONDERFUL Lord's Day yesterday! Mark and Karen came over yesterday morning and Mark spoke for us. He did an outstanding job, as usual! I really love hearing him speak. He gives such meaningful and inspiring lessons, and has such a great speaking style. We really enjoyed our visit with both of them.
After evening services, most of us went out to Rosa's for supper. Even tho Heather really wasn't feeling well, she managed to make it to both assemblies AND went out with us. I don't often get to enjoy a lengthy visit with her and Layne, so I enjoyed our time at Rosa's together. Please continue to keep Heather in your prayers. She is in constant pain and is nauseated most of the time now. The lupus is attacking her liver. It breaks my heart to see her suffer so much, but she handles it with so much strength and grace. She struggles to take care of her own family, but she also plans to volunteer at a local shelter to help others. She truly is an inspirational young woman!
Take care and try to stay cool!!!
Joh 13:13-15 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment