Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dennis takes a 2 week vacation

Just enjoyed a lovely evening with my girls.  So thankful that they have been here to keep me company while Dennis has been gone!  He, James & Jared P. and Stephen left Friday to go hunting in the Davy Crockett National Forest.  Dennis killed a buck opening morning, and Jared killed one the next day.  Jared went back to Houston after killing his deer, and Stephen left after Monday morning's hunt.  Dennis and James are supposed to come home sometime tomorrow...they are hoping the cool front will get the deer moving in the morning.  This is the longest Dennis been gone from home in a very long time, and I am ready to have him back!

Last week was so relaxing (most of the time).  Dennis was off all week so we slept as late as we wanted every morning (which isn't nearly as late as it was in our younger years!).  We got some things done around the house and built Sherlock's winter house.  (He is loving it already!)  The Browns came over for supper on Thursday, and then we butchered Rebekah's two deer.  It was a wonderfully well-run operation:  those Browns really caught on fast!  It turned into a very late night, but there was a lot of good meat for both of our freezers when we finished. 

The girls spent the night over here Saturday night.  Jessica was lying on the couch while we were watching TV.  Suddenly she jumped up and ran across the room saying that the couch was moving.  Sheila and I were skeptical, but she insisted that the back of the couch moved.  We looked under the cushions and behind and under the couch and didn't see anything.  Finally someone joked that it might have been an earthquake.  Sure enough, after looking on the internet we discovered that there had just been another quake in OK, with tremors being felt in Ark. and Texas.  I guess she was the only one to feel it, since the couch is up next to the wall.  Weird!

I've been a bit under the weather for the past week.  Started coming down with a cold last Tuesday.  The coughing started up over the weekend.  I made it to services Sunday morning, but it was all I could do to keep from coughing the whole time.  I went through about a half package of cough drops and kept a cup of water to sip when it got too bad.  The girls brought me home right after the assembly was over so I could minimize exposing anyone else to my germs.  I felt like Typhoid Mary!  I finally started feeling better today...even bought groceries, made banana nut bread and cooked supper for the girls.  I'm hoping it doesn't develop into a sinus infection, but it is threatening to.

I've been knitting dishrags when I have felt up to it.  A friend has "commissioned" me to make ten of them for Christmas gifts.  I'm currently working on #7.  I've neglected working on the infinity scarf for Jessica for quite a while.  It requires a lot of concentration and I just haven't had it in me lately.  Maybe next week!

Have a safe and healthy week and enjoy this gorgeous fall weather!

 Ps 104:27 These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give them their meat in due season.

No comments:

Post a Comment