Dennis came home Thursday night from work and said, "I'm off!" It was his long weekend to be off from work, but he was on the schedule (he hasn't had a weekend off, other than vacation time, since August). However, FW doesn't like all the overtime hours being paid so they informed the postmaster to send someone home and Dennis was it! What an unexpected treat! Since Sundays are usually Dennis' only day to rest, I don't usually invite anyone over for Sunday dinner...to allow him to nap all afternoon. With the weekend free, we decided to have company. The Rasmussen bunch and Mike and Denice all came over and spent the afternoon. It was so nice to have time together! Then about 3:30, Debbie, a lady that Jared works with and has been studying with, joined us. (She had to work Sunday morning.) After the evening assembly and supper with Daddy and Bobbie and Anita and Sherrod, we headed home and went to bed early. At 11:30, I was awakened by a text message from Anita. Jared had been studying on the phone with Debbie all evening and she was wanting to be baptized...right away! We all hastily got dressed and headed over to the Cunningham's house (to utilize their hot tub). Debbie was immersed into Christ at about 1:00 this morning! Such a joyful occasion!!! After singing a few songs and welcoming our new sister, we all dispersed to our separate homes for a short night of rest. ;)
My girls were in Clarksville over the weekend. This was their yearly girls' weekend at Britney's house. Last week was pretty busy, so we haven't seen them since last Monday night. I am missing my girls, and I still don't know when I'll get to see them! Tonight we have a visitation to attend in Weatherford. The twin brother of our dear brother Jim passed away last week and his funeral is tomorrow. The girls have something planned tomorrow night and Wednesday is their "Brown night." We usually have our study with Pam and Pete on Thursdays, so it will probably be Friday before they can come over. I don't like going that long without having time with my girls!!!! Maybe we can work in a lunch date sometime this week!
Linda M's surgery was last Wednesday and went very well! She is really doing well, considering! She said her pain that she was having before surgery is completely gone. Of course, there is considerable pain from the incision, plus the inevitable back spasms, but she is progressing well and may get to go home tomorrow. Hallelujah! She has been suffering for SO long.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Please pray for our new babe in Christ!
Ac 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

:D Oh happy Day, indeed!
ReplyDelete