How to begin? I know there are no words that can adequately capture and express our meeting experience, but I just have to try and share our weekend. Unfortunately I was too preoccupied (and forgetful) to take pictures, so words are all I have.
Gray and Vicki arrived early Friday evening, so we arranged to meet them for supper at Pulidos. It was good to have some quiet time to catch up with them before everyone else arrived, since we didn't have much time afterwards! We rode together to the assembly to give ourselves a few extra minutes to visit. We had a pretty full house Friday night...probably around 90 or so in attendance. It was exciting to see all the new faces arrive! Cody did a great job on studying to be quiet. The singing was gorgeous. It took a lot of effort to try to get around to speaking to all of our visitors! What a wonderful "problem" to have!
Greg and Becky's family (minus Emma, who stayed with "the girls") came home with us for the weekend. Although we've seen them at meetings over the years, we have never really gotten to know them. That is what I love about keeping new folks...you really get a chance to know people and become family! We got home Friday night, got everyone settled and then visited while waiting on our other guests to arrive. Grant and Kimberlee's family and Ricky got in around 12:30. We got them settled into their room and the girls headed over to Sheila and Jessica's apartment. (Rick and Dillon also had to go with them for a quick visit!) Things eventually quieted down for the night and we managed to get in a little sleep.
Saturday we went to the city park for the day. The weather was glorious! We had a great turnout. We visited, ate Subway sandwiches (graciously provided by Layne), watched the butterflies and kiddos cavorting and enjoyed the wonderful day the Lord had provided. Our most inspiring visitors arrived as we were finishing up eating...Curly and Jessie Tabor. They made the trip from Waco on their own. To see them make such a herculean effort to make the meeting and to enjoy their positive spirits was a boon to all who spent time with them!
We started heading over to the Brock Community Center around 4:00 to begin preparations for supper. After a yummy meal of Mexican Stack and cookies, we made our way to the church house for our assembly. The crowd had grown to the point that we needed to use the chairs we had placed in the front of the building. The singing was even better that night! I've never been the type to want to just sit and listen to singing rather than joining in, but I was tempted that night. I honestly don't know if I've ever heard any more beautiful! Jesse gave us a wonderful lesson on our decisions we make in life. It was the first time I've heard him speak and I really enjoyed it. He has such a down-to-earth style that is so easy to listen to! After a lot of visiting after the assembly, a few of us decided we just NEEDED some ice cream and headed over to Braums for a late night snack. We really enjoyed watching little Josie charm samples of ice cream from everyone! She is such a little doll!
Sunday morning was quite a scramble...getting 12 people up, fed, bathed, dressed and ready and packed to go. We arrived at the church house later than normal for us and found most of the pews already full. We even filled the front chairs at that assembly...probably around 120-125 in attendance. The singing was every bit as amazing as the night before and Garrett gave us a truly inspiring lesson on hope. The whole assembly was very Spirit-filled and moving. I went through quite a few tissues! Afterwards we headed back over to Brock for our potluck. Several people decided to leave before lunch and many others left after the meal. It was so very hard to tell everyone good-bye. All of our company left during this time and I hated seeing them go! I loved our time spent together and the new closeness we gained through our weekend. I definitely see some traveling to Spunky Creek and Springdale in our future, Lord willing! Of course, it is always very difficult for me to say good-bye to Ricky. I was fighting with all my strength to try to keep the tears at bay...and losing the battle!
Sunday evening had quite a bit smaller crowd, although it was still a fairly full house. Gabe gave us a good lesson on how much greater the mind of God is than ours and how we should always seek His will in our lives. Afterwards our wonderful visitors drifted away and our beautiful weekend came to a close. Hopefully, tho, all of us will carry the lessons with us and grow stronger in our daily lives as a result. Plus the joy of new friendships will go with us forever...as well as the love grown stronger from dear, old friends. My heart is full!
No comments:
Post a Comment