It looks like things are finally settling down around here. I have finished with all the CD orders that have come in and gotten them all mailed off...over 60 of them. I'm getting back into my normal CASA duties. I drove to Dallas yesterday to see my other little ones (ages 2, 3 and 4). Had court last week, have a report to do for another court date coming up soon, have a permanency conference to attend this morning, and a visitation this afternoon. I also attended the transportation training that is required in order to carry our kiddos in our cars. I still have to get the required signatures on my release forms, but I should be able to get that done today. Then I can pick up my kiddos and take them out for a treat...or whatever. That will really be helpful with my teen...give us more privacy than is available in the foster home.
Our place is pretty much back in shape after the hail storm now (except for the dents in our cars...our body shop guy has a 2 month backlog!). When the roofers replaced our roof, they had to cut down a lot of limbs, which have been piled in our front yard. I finally got all that hauled off to the dump this week. (Thought we might be having another hail storm yesterday, but all we got was a lot of lightening and rain.) Nice to see things looking better!
Next Tuesday is Sheila's birthday. We are planning to go shopping in FW Saturday. She is starting a new job next month and needs some more "professional" work clothes. She decided that was what she wanted for her present this year. It ought to be a fun day. Jessica will be going with us, so it will be "girl's day out!"
I was sick for about a week...some kind of cold/sore throat bug. It never got really bad... just bothersome. Ricky has it now. I'm afraid his may be settling into a sinus infection. He hasn't missed any work but sure doesn't feel well. I'm hoping he gets over his as quickly as I did...without having to go to the doctor!
Well, this is pretty boring...but that is the beauty of a "normal" week! Take care, everyone!
1Ti 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
No comments:
Post a Comment