Monday, September 9, 2013

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails


Had a wonderful weekend!  Ricky and I met up with Sheila at her place of work Friday afternoon and headed to Paris.  The gender reveal party was supposed to start at 8:30 (with the reveal at 9:00).  We got there right on time.  It was good to see the folks who turned out to help them celebrate...family, friends, clients, coworkers in the community.  We mingled around visiting and snacking until the big moment.  The guy who programmed the lights was a little mean…teasing us more than we liked.  But finally the tower turned….BLUE!  I think we all would have been happy no matter what, but I have to admit that I just prefer the oldest child to be a boy.  I like having a big brother around to look out for the younger siblings.  Stephen and Mandy have picked out the name, Jesse, for him.  It is feeling so much more “real” now!

We stayed up late Friday night visiting and reminiscing.  It was fun to listen to my three kiddos talking about their growing up years.  I learned several things that I never knew!  (Don’t know if I’m glad I didn’t know, or if I wish I HAD known at the time!)  We slept in on Saturday, and then after a good breakfast that Mandy prepared, we had to head home, so Ricky could go to work that afternoon.  When we got to FW, I had Ricky drive my car home, so Sheila and I could stay and do some shopping.  Both of us have been wanting to do some baby shopping but were waiting to find out whether to buy for a girl or boy.  We hit most of the baby stores in the mall and found some really cute things!  Then we went to Hobby Lobby so I could get some yarn and flannel for making a baby blanket and quilt.  Time to start being a granny!

Ps 78:4 We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.

No comments:

Post a Comment