Monday, September 16, 2013

Color Me Crazy!


The kids (Ricky and Jessica) had their first softball game of the fall season last Monday night.  They have a pretty good team this season!  The game was great.  Our team stayed in the lead up until time ran out.  The other team was the “home” team, so they got one last time at bat…and scored 3 runs…just enough to win.  Bummer!  But it was a fun game to watch.  Looking forward to game 2 tonight.

I started crocheting a baby blanket for little Jesse last week.  I’ve got most of it done…probably do another 6-8 inches before I finish.  Then I’ll start on the rag quilt I’m planning to make for him.  This will be my first rag quilt and I’m excited to see how it turns out.  It will be done all in flannel, so it should be very soft and cuddly.

We did the Color Me Crazy run on Saturday.  Our team consisted of James and Jared P., Kyler and Kynlee, Jessica, Sheila and I.  Our registration packet included a bag of color, so we “decorated” each other really well before the run started.  I especially liked Jared’s hand print on Jamie’s forehead!  The run started at 8:00.  I had determined beforehand that I’d just stay with the group, walking most of the time.  But once we got going, I got inspired to jog.  Seeing others running tapped into my competitive spirit (which I really don’t use that much!).  It was a beautiful morning to be out and the course was nice and easy (the back 9 holes of the golf course).  It was a lot of fun, and I’m glad we did it!  Trying to get off the color wasn’t nearly as much fun though.  My face was VERY pink and I was quite stained in the bend of my arms and my hands.  It is about all gone now though.  Looking forward to doing it again next year.  (Just 3 weeks until the 5k at Clark Gardens!)

The guys had a study/business meeting all afternoon yesterday between services, so I invited Anita to come home and eat dinner with the girls and I.  She hasn’t felt well for weeks but had been feeling better over the weekend, so she came.  She has been having a lot of abdominal pain, having a lot of tests run, and they still haven’t figured out what is causing her problems.  She is pretty sure it is gallbladder related and is waiting to get test results back to confirm or deny that. 

Dennis has been building a deer stand in the evenings after work for the past week or so.  He is just about through.  He has tomorrow and Wednesday off, so we plan to go to Spur to set it up.  I have CASA work to do all day tomorrow, so we won’t be able to leave until around 5:00.  I’ll be glad to see that stand finished and set up someplace besides my garage!  Dennis has been wearing himself out every day…delivering the mail for 8-9 hours and then spending several hours every evening working on the stand.  He needs a rest!

Looks like cooler temperatures are heading our way…and maybe some rain!  Looking forward to that!  Hope the week treats all of you well!

Pr 4:10 Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many.  11 I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.  12 When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.  13 Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment