Well, I haven’t posted in a while…haven’t really had
anything to say. Tending to
business: CASA work, day to day chores,
etc. I finished Jesse’s baby afghan last
week. I think it turned out pretty
cute. I’ve been putting all of my baby
stuff in an empty dresser drawer. Well
it is FULL now! Guess I’ll have to send
stuff home with Stephen and Mandy next time I see them. I hope to start on the rag quilt
tomorrow. Can’t wait to see how it turns
out!
Tomorrow is the 5k at Clark Garden’s fall festival. I’ve about decided that it will be the end of
my “running career.” I’ve been jogging
now for 5 months and I still hate it!
Haven’t really made a lot of progress either. I don’t think this old woman is built for
running! I still intend to do my 3 miles
a day walking, at least 3 times a week.
I do enjoy the health benefits I receive from the exercise. But my legs (especially my left knee) don’t
appreciate the wear and tear of jogging.
My legs ache when I wake up every morning afterwards and my joints creak
and pop until they get warmed up. It has
been an interesting “experiment” and I’ve really enjoyed being able to
participate in the 5k Color Run and tomorrow’s event.
I am getting in gear for Thanksgiving! I know…it is still almost 2 months away. But I LOVE it and look forward to it every
year. I wish I had lost a little more
weight already (I’ve lost about 23 pounds so far), because I won’t be losing
any more until after the first of the year.
The holiday season is rough on me, weight-wise! I love all the baking…and eating! I’m going to TRY to be good, but I will
definitely be eating more sweets than I have been.
Ricky and I are having to share a car right now. His car is in the shop being repaired and
probably won’t be ready for another week or so.
We are both looking forward to having it back home and running again!
Anita had gallbladder surgery Monday. She had been in a lot of pain for many weeks,
and they finally determined she had a polyp in her gallbladder that was
stopping it up. When they took it out,
it was twice the normal size. She said
she could tell the difference as soon as she woke up from surgery! Aside from being sore from the “incisions”
(they did laparoscopic, so they were mainly just holes), she has felt pretty
good.
A pretty good cold front is supposed to move in
tonight. It is supposed to get down into
the 40’s tomorrow night. Bring it
on!!! Dennis is hoping to go bow hunting
tomorrow evening (if he gets off work in time).
I got the freezer defrosted this week, so I’m ready!
I hope you all enjoy this wonderful fall weather that is
heading out way!
Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and
supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And
the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and
minds through Christ Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment