It is 40° this morning!
We have received about 3” of rain in the past few days. The 10 day forecast shows highs in the 60’s
and 70’s and lows in the 40’s and 50’s.
Looks like fall has finally settled in to stay. Hallelujah!
Well, the 5k at Clark Gardens went well. It was a perfect morning for running. There were 159 runners total. I came in 102nd. But I did it in my best time ever, so I was
happy. About a week later, Jessica
showed me a picture on her phone. The
Weatherford newspaper had put a picture from the race on the front page. Guess whose picture was front and
center? *groan* I guess they were trying to motivate other
old, fat women to get active!
The night before the race, we got a call telling us that
Mary Fox had fallen and broken her hip.
After I got cleaned up after the race, I heard that they were planning
surgery that afternoon. So I headed to
FW. I was able to visit with Mary for
awhile before they came to take her to surgery.
She was in good spirits, for the most part. Since it was a Saturday, the hospital was lax
on their normal policies and allowed all of us (Ron and Karen, Jim and I) to stay
with Mary in preop. We were able to talk
to the anesthesiologist when he came by to see her. Mary had had a lot of trouble with pain meds
when she broke her other hip, so we discussed it with him and he decided to do
a nerve block. That ended up cutting
back on how much pain medication she needed after surgery. The surgery went well and she ended up
spending 4 nights in the hospital before being moved to rehab. She is struggling with being able to walk,
since her “good” leg has a knee that is bone on bone. She really wants to go home, but she needs
more therapy to build up her strength.
Jim is doing ok. His son is
driving him to the rehab and other friends and family are taking him home most
days. (He lost his leg last year and
needs assistance getting around.) Please
continue to keep the two of them in your prayers!
Dennis killed his first deer of the season last Friday…a
nice, young buck. That same day, Kyle
and Parker came over to work on deer stands/feeders. Then Sunday afternoon, the guys (including
Ryan, too) took a quick trip out west to get them set up. Those boys are sure enjoying all of this “hunting”
activity. I can’t wait to see them when
something is actually killed!
I spent the last two Tuesdays taking Daddy to doctors in
Arlington. His urologist wanted him to
see an oncologist for his prostate cancer.
The oncologist wanted him to see a urology cancer specialist. So that is who we saw this week. He wasn’t overly concerned about Daddy’s
condition and suggested a watch and see approach. He was diagnosed in 2009 with a very
non-aggressive form of cancer and the doctor doesn’t feel like it will
adversely affect him during his lifetime.
Most of the treatments are rougher than the disease at his age. So he doesn’t have to go back for another 6
months for another PSA.
Anita is doing well after her gallbladder surgery! The abdominal pain that has plagued her for
the past couple of months is gone. She
is still tender from surgery but getting back into her normal routine.
Last Saturday was the Crazy Water Festival. I hadn’t been in several years…since I worked
for Meals on Wheels. I volunteered to help
with the CASA booth Saturday morning. We
had face painting and a basket of goodies that we were selling tickets for
(which Jessica ended up winning!). Plus
we were trying to raise awareness of our organization and recruit new
volunteers. While I was there we had one
very promising woman sign up for training.
I don’t know how much money we raised, but we had a lot of kiddos lining
up to get their faces painted!
Cara and Heather spent the night at the girls’ Saturday on
their way home from Austin. They all
came over to eat Sunday dinner with us.
It was good to see them and get to visit for a short while…sweet girls!
Dennis turned 61 on Monday.
He was gone most of the day with Kyle and the boys, setting up their
deer stand and feeder. I was gone most
of the day, too. I had taken a pot of
soup to Jim and then had a visit in Weatherford to observe. So we just went out to Pulido’s for supper to
celebrate. Just one more year until he
reaches his “retirement age.” Woo-hoo!
I have a cake to do next week for Sheila’s old boss,
Riley. He and a fellow banking friend
are both turning 70 and they are having a big party to celebrate. I’m doing a “$70 bill” with both men’s faces
on it. I’m depending on Ricky to do the
drawings of the faces. It is going to be
a challenging cake…to say the least! But
Riley has been SO good to Sheila, I feel like he deserves the best I can do!
Well I need to get cleaned up and start my day. I have a couple of CASA appointments today
that I need to get ready for. Hope you
all enjoy this wonderful fall weather!
Ps 86:4 Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do
I lift up my soul. 5 For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and
plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
No comments:
Post a Comment