Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Everything in its time


Well, it has been about 2 weeks since my last post.  Things have been fairly busy.  Dennis has killed 2 deer so far this bow season.  We butchered the first last week and the second is aging in our garage refrigerator.  I’ve cooked a couple batches of jerky from the last of last year’s meat.  That stuff does NOT last long around here.  The last batch I made was pretty big, so I put half in the freezer so we’d have some to share.  I caught Ricky finishing it off the other night.  Guess I’ll have to make up another batch in the next week or so!

Dennis took me shopping for a computer of my own a couple of weekends ago.  I had pretty much decided I wanted a Lenovo Yoga…a cross between a laptop and a tablet.  We discussed the pros and cons with our favorite salesman at Best Buy and decided to go with it.  We had to order, since they don’t carry them in the store.  I got it the next week.  Spent a couple of hours trying to get it all set up and connected to the internet, including calling and talking to the tech support at Lenovo.  Turns out that the wifi card was defective and I have to return it to a service facility to get it replaced.  I’m still waiting on a FedEx box to ship it in.  Arghhhh!!!!  I thought technology was supposed to simplify our lives!

Mary is in a rehab/nursing facility in Weatherford now.  It is better that she is closer to home, but she is still having a lot of problems.  Continued prayers for her and Jim are much appreciated!

I completed the cake for the big 70th birthday party for Sheila’s old boss.  I spent I don’t know how many hours preparing to make that cake…working on the design and pattern.  Then I spent 12 hours on Saturday…baking, icing and decorating it.  It was a 10” x 25” 2-layer red velvet cake with cream cheese filling.  The girls delivered the cake and then attended the party later in the day.  Everything went off well and the guests of honor were pleased with the cake.  One of the party activities was a flash mob.  I can’t wait to see the video when they get it uploaded to Youtube!

Dennis is off for 2 weeks’ vacation.  We left after services Sunday evening and headed toward Paris.  We broke up the trip, like last time, and spent the night in Mesquite.  (That hotel gift card is really coming in handy!)  Then we met with Stephen first thing Monday morning to go over our account.  Afterwards we bought his birthday present and delivered it to the house.  I took the stuff from my baby drawer to give to him and Mandy for baby Jesse:  a blanket and booties that Maxine had knitted, a bib that she had cross-stitched, the blanket that I crocheted, plus some clothes that I had bought.  Mandy is really looking pregnant now.  I’m really looking forward to the day after Thanksgiving.  They were given a gift of 3D/4D ultrasound that we are all going to go watch that morning.  Sure beats fighting the Black Friday crowds in the stores!

Dennis is planning to head out to Spur this weekend.  I’ll be staying home this trip.  I have a visit I need to do with some of my CASA kids on Saturday.  James and Renee are hosting a potluck at their house on Sunday, too.  I’m looking forward to that!

Well, I guess that is about all the news for now.  I hope the rest of the week goes well for all.  Don’t forget to turn your clocks back this weekend!

Ec 3:1-8  To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:  A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted, A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;  A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

1 comment: