Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is my favorite week of the year...Thanksgiving!  It is such a special time to be with family and recognize all that I have for which to be thankful...my hope in Christ, my wonderful husband and 3 amazing kids (plus one by marriage and one by choice and all the others gathered along the way), my CASA kids and the positive changes in their lives, my home and all of its comforts, the gorgeous world that surrounds me (I'm constantly amazed at the beauty that God created for our enjoyment!), my health (I honestly feel better and healthier than I have in MANY years), and the opportunities that await me in the future, as God sees to bless me.  I am very blessed!



It looks more like winter around here right now than fall with this strong arctic storm system that has moved in.  We've had freezing rain and sleet and COLD temperatures since Friday.  I think the sun is supposed to come out in the next day or so.  I enjoy winter weather, but I LOVE sunshine!

I have some CASA work to do this afternoon and in the morning, and then I can commence cooking and cleaning.  Stephen won a Greenberg smoked turkey, which is what we'll be having for Thanksgiving dinner.  I'm excited to see if it is as good as everyone claims.  Of course there will also be dressing, sweet potatoes (I'm going to roast them this year, instead of candying them for a little lighter fare), deviled eggs, rolls, olives (we HAVE to have olives), a loaded potato casserole (that Sheila is making), a veggie turkey (that Mandy is going to arrange), and I'm going to try out a new broccoli and wild rice casserole.  Then, of course, PIES (pumpkin, pecan, and plum - how alliterate!)...and cookies...and homemade candy.  It is WAY too much food for our small family (only 9 of us this year), but we'll enjoy it as leftovers, too.

Friday morning, we will accompany Stephen and Mandy to their appointment at Stork Vision for a 3D/4D sonogram.  I am so excited about this!  We'll get to see Jesse for the first time.  (We've seen pictures of the first, regular, sonogram...but this is different!)  I finally got the squares cut out for his quilt that I'm making.  I need to set up a sewing station so I can start putting it together. 

Sunday, we are having a guest speaker at Highway and a potluck in between services.  We are looking forward to having Koh and Michele's family here for the day.  It has been a long time since I've heard Koh speak, so I'm really looking forward to hearing him again.

I hope all of you have a very wonderful Thanksgiving week with family and friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment