Winter has returned! We had really been enjoying the warm and sunny days of late. Today and tomorrow are both supposed to be pretty cold and gloomy though.
I have started back on my walking/jogging schedule. I had decided to quit jogging, but I've discovered that a little jogging actually makes me feel better. Plus we are planning our big trip in May and I want to be in good shape for trekking through the mountains. We are planning the biggest vacation we've ever taken. We hope to spend 2 weeks driving up to Idaho and then through Montana and Wyoming and Colorado...spending quite a bit of time in Yellowstone. I've been getting brochures and maps through the mail to help plan our trip. We are really looking forward to it!
I've been pretty busy with CASA stuff lately. I had court last week and have another one next week, which means I've had to do 2 court reports this month. The first one ended a case, so my caseload is down to 3. I intend to stay in touch with "my teen" from the closed case, but it won't be as often and I won't be having to report on it any more. I've heard from her and her mother, and they both want me to stay in touch...which means a lot to me! I've also attended a couple of CASA Roundtables this month...training sessions provided by our office. I have appointments for Saturday to visit with both of my families. (My third family is in Idaho, so I have to limit my contact to phone calls, emails and letters...until our trip in May, that is!)
Been having some plumbing issues in our hall bathroom. The tub/shower has been leaking and keeping the carpeting in the hallway wet for the past few days. Dennis worked on it last night (replacing the tub fixtures and seats and caulking), and it seems to have fixed the problem. The carpet is dry this morning! Haven't tried out the shower yet though. Hope it is all repaired...otherwise it means tearing out the whole tub and tiles and completely redoing the plumbing. I know I've said it many times before, but I am SO thankful that Dennis is such a good handyman!
Well, Jesse should be making his appearance VERY soon. According to their last doctor visit, he is a BIG boy (8 1/2 - 9 pounds ALREADY). I don't think the doctor is going to allow Mandy to go all the way to her due date...Feb. 4. I am so excited to meet my first grandbaby! Dennis has a week's vacation the second week of February, so we plan to go spend some time bonding with the little guy. :)
I hope all of you are staying warm and avoiding the flu!
Proverbs 17:6 Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers.
No comments:
Post a Comment