Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 28

I began this project of 365 days of Thanksgiving to help focus my mind on things that are praiseworthy.  (Philippians 4:8 Furthermore, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things pertain to love, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, or if there be any praise, think on these things,)  I have been very pleased with the results up to this point. 

Some days I struggle to find something for which to be thankful.  But after meditating for awhile, I not only can come up with one thing, but many.  Being thankful is an attitude that I have control over.  No matter what the circumstances of my life, I am blessed.  I just have to recognize and acknowledge that fact.

I hope that those of you who keep up with me on facebook aren't growing tired of my daily notes of thanksgiving.  I realize that I could complete this project without publicly posting my daily thoughts.  However it serves a two-fold (at least) purpose to do so.  First, it provides accountability.  It is so easy to ignore or "forget" to do something if no one is aware of it.  All of you are keeping me accountable, so that I focus on my goal each day.  Secondly, I have been told that this encourages some of you to also look for things that are praiseworthy in your lives.  It is a strong desire of mine, and always has been, to try to be an influence for good to others.  If by sharing this little portion of my life can, in any way, be a benefit to anyone else, then it is worth it.  I hope we can all grow more thankful together!  Thanks to all of you who encourage me on this journey!


Day 28:  I’ve had experience with several people lately who struggle with lack of transportation, whether from lack of financial resources to afford owning or maintaining a vehicle or from lack of a driver’s license and/or vehicle registration.  It is amazing how much the lack of such a basic item impacts every aspect of their lives.  So today I am very thankful for our transportation!  We each have a good, reliable car that provides safe and comfortable conveyance wherever we need to go.
Romans 1:10  Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment