Thursday, June 12, 2014

Half Way Point


Thursday, Day 183:  I’m half way through my 365 days of thanksgiving!  I have to admit that each day becomes more challenging.  Even though I have done a few “repeats”, I am trying to find something different each day.  Plus, rather than just grabbing something out of the air, I’m trying to notice something that I see or experience each day for which to give thanks.  So this next 182 days is going to be exponentially more difficult.  But that is part of the challenge…to GROW in my thankfulness.

I want to interject a little something here for those who may have thought to themselves that I’m not directing my thanksgiving to God.  (No one has complained about this to my knowledge, but I’m sure SOMEONE has thought it.)  It is true that I don’t mention in every post, or even in most of them, that I’m thankful to God for all of these blessings.  However, I recognize and acknowledge that ALL good and perfect gifts come from God.  (James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.)  If there has been any doubt, let it be eliminated!

That being said, today I want to give thanks for God adopting me as His child…and giving me all the blessings that I receive.  That is such an awesome principle in my mind!  That the creator of EVERYTHING, One who is all-powerful and all-knowing, chose to make me a part of His family…and loves me the way (only deeper) that I love my three kids…that He cares about what happens to me on a daily basis and intervenes when He sees best…that He sacrificed His ONLY BEGOTTEN SON so that I could be a child of His.  Please believe me when I say that all of my praise and thanksgiving go to my God and Father!

Psalms 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment