I am so excited about something I am a part of that I had to share! I have talked about my current favorite author, Lisa Wingate, before in this blog. She created this "sisterhood" for her new books being released. There are 23 groups of 5 "sisters" each. She mails out one of her new books (before they are released) to the first sister of each group. They have the book for a couple of weeks to read and promote in their community. While they are reading the book, they are to jot notes in the margins when they come across something that particularly inspires them or that they relate to. They also take pictures of themselves reading the book (or just the book) in different settings. When they finish, they mail the book on to the next sister...until it finally makes its way back to Lisa. There is also a facebook page where all of the sisters can communicate with the whole group and share their pictures. I've watched the process from afar (on facebook) and thought how much fun it would be to take part in it. During the last selection process, I was chosen! The book is supposed to be making its way to me this week. (I'm #2 on the list in group 17.) I can't wait to receive "our" copy of "The Story Keeper." I love Lisa's books, and this will make reading one even more special!

No comments:
Post a Comment