Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"Hall of Fame"


Wednesday, Day 294:  Today I am thankful for all of the wonderful Christian women who have made an important impact on my life.  The first was my Granny. 
I’ve talked about her a lot, so I’ll just say she provided me a good role model for being a Christian wife and mother.  Then there was Lucille Lackey, who gave me a place to come and talk when I was troubled as a teen.  She showed me that age didn't matter when it comes to friendship. 

Of course, I can’t do a list like this without mentioning Vicki Fields, who has been a second mother to me;
 as well as my mother-in-law, Maxine Gerrald, who taught me so much about cooking and canning and caring for my family. 
There is Glenda Siemens, who is such a sweet example of Christian love and hospitality.
Loita Hathaway, who exemplifies hospitality as well as anyone I know. 
Then there’s Johnnie Trekell, who in spite of her “disabilities”, ministers to everyone that she sees in need. 
Verlie Young was such a wonderful example of a scholarly and hospitable woman…who also loved life and loved to laugh. 
The list is too long to be able to mention all of the women who mentored me along the way, but I’m very grateful for each and every one…and hope that I can pay it forward in some small way!

Titus 2:3-5  The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,  To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment