Tuesday, Day 307:
Today is Dennis’ 62nd birthday. We have looked forward to this year for a
long time...it is the age in which he
plans to retire. He still has another 5
½ months until that takes place, but the countdown has begun.
I’m thankful for the 25 years that he has
worked at the post office, and that his health (and feet!) have held up to it. I’m thankful that for the last few years, he
has had a good postmaster…one that appreciates him and takes care of him. And I’m thankful that after working so hard
to provide for our family for the past 37 years, his time on the job is drawing
to a close. He has hiked through miles
of woods, planted tens of thousands of trees, put out forest fires, and more as a
forester. He put in LONG hard days as a
deliveryman for UPS. He did whatever
jobs he could find when times got really rough.
Finally he has walked THOUSANDS of miles delivering the mail.
We continue to mark off the “lasts” of his
career. As soon as he awakened this
morning, he said, “This is the last birthday I’ll have to work.” And for that, I am very thankful!
No comments:
Post a Comment