Included in my bag was a crocheted baby sweater that I remember Momma showing me when I was younger.
I wish I could remember who she told me made it! I hope to use one of the baby dresses and the sweater for a shadow box...also to display in our future guest room. That got me to wondering about what I'd saved of MY kids. I went through my hope chest today and drug out the baby (and child) clothes that I'd saved, as well as a few other little items. I hope to make shadow boxes for each of the kids, using their things. I found two sweater sets that I had crocheted for Sheila. I'd forgotten that I had even made them! I have Stephen's favorite "lovey" from his childhood that will have to be included somehow. I also found a boy's sweatshirt that I'll probably give to Jesse when he grows into it. It has a design cross-stitched on the front of it. Do y'all remember when that was "the thing"? I don't remember if I made it or if it was a gift from Grandmother, or possibly Belinda or Linda. It is cute, tho!
| Grandpa is on the left. |
While we were scrounging, we came across my Grandpa Mahaffey's old box of stuff. It had a lot of pictures from his early years, plus his old mess kit from WWI. I brought home one of his old pictures...taken around the time he was stationed in France. He isn't in uniform, so I'm not sure where or when it was taken. It was with a couple of others, though, that were taken when he was in the service. There were a few photocopies of pictures that Daddy had, too. The quality wasn't good, but you could still tell who was in the pictures. One showed Uncle Henry and Aunt Vera (Patterson) and their kids. There was a little towheaded boy in front that looked exactly like Jett! I knew he favored his Grandpa Harvey, but I never realized how much! I wish the quality had been better.
It was a fun day of reminiscing and talking about old times with Daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment