Dennis went hunting again last Monday and brought home a nice doe...that's three, so far this season. After dressing and quartering it, he took the guts back out to where he hunted to throw out for the coyotes. Got a call from him a little later asking me to come get him...the truck was STUCK. I had court the next morning, but as soon as I got home, he went to Garrett's to see if they had a come-along (which they did, for a great price). Then we headed back to the truck to see if we could get it unstuck. Unfortunately the cows had been terribly intrigued by it...stomping the ground all around it into an even worse quagmire (plus scratching the paint and slobbering all over it). We hooked up the come-along to one tree and pulled it as far as we could with that one, and then moved on to another tree further away. Dennis would ratchet the come-along, while I got on the other side and pushed. We managed to move it about 30-40 feet, but it was still too bogged down to drive. We finally called for reinforcements. James and Marlin came out in a work truck and managed to pull us free...getting Marlin's truck stuck in the process! The guys worked trying to free it for awhile and then Dennis and James decided to go back to the shop to get a tractor, while Marlin and I stood out in the cold, waiting. I finally walked back up to the car to try to warm up (my jacket was in Dennis' truck, which was going after the tractor, of course!). I had a throw that I wrapped up in, which helped. Marlin stayed with his truck and finally managed to drive it out! All in all, Dennis and I spent about 8 hours out there. (Talk about being sore the next day!)
I had court on Thursday morning, which took up most of the morning. For some reason, my case always seems to be the last one on the docket! Afterwards, I went to the CASA office to pick up gifts that had been collected and delivered by the Hudson Oaks Fire Dept. Throughout the week, I also worked on decorations for Cody's groom cake, which I made on Friday.
 |
| There is a story behind this, but you'll have to get it from Cody. This is just what he ordered! |
Then we got up EARLY Saturday morning and headed to Clarksville for the wedding! It was great to see everyone and share in Cody and Kaley's happiness. It was an added bonus to get to spend a little extra time with Jesse.
After the reception, we stopped to eat supper at La Huerta in Van Buren...LOVE that restaurant! Then we made it to McAlester before stopping for the night. We were wiped out when we arrived! After a good night's sleep we drove to Sherman to worship with the church there and then went with the whole group to Sarah's house for lunch. Enjoyed our time with everyone! We finally made it home around 5:30 tonight and haven't done much since!
We got a little bit accomplished on the house last week, but not much. Dennis finished out one of my bookcases. I really like the way it turned out! I also got my new curtains hung in the guest room, added a bedside table and lamp, and hid our wireless routers using old books. Things are slowly coming together! Dennis hopes to work on finishing out the interior of his shop this week. Then he'll be able to better organize everything out there.
 |
| It will be great when we get the second one finished! |
I guess that is about all for now. Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment