As much as I enjoy the holiday season, it is always nice to settle back down into "normal" again. I really enjoyed having a little extra time to spend with Sheila. On New Year's Eve, she and Diane B. and I went to Bass Hall for a "Night out with the boys". It was the music of Nat "King" Cole, Frank Sinatra and Stevie Wonder. It was a lot of fun! Afterwards, we went out for dessert and then Sheila and I went back to her apartment, where I spent the night. We tried watching "Sabrina", but ended up calling it quits and going to sleep around 12:30! Staying up "late" just isn't as fun as it used to be!
I was puny all last week with a cold and sinus stuff. It continued into the beginning of this week, but I think it is on its way out now. I was having sinus headaches every day, but I haven't had one since Sunday. So I'm pretty confident that I'm on the mend.
Dennis left yesterday to go hunting in East Texas with James S. again. They are muzzleloader hunting this trip (the last time was a bow hunting trip). I heard from Dennis this morning that he killed another doe. That makes 4 deer this season. We still have one in the extra frig, aging, that he killed last week. It is so nice to have plenty of meat for ourselves and enough to share with others!
Tonight, the girls and I are going to watch the Sherlock movie together. We all love the TV show and are excited to see this special on the big screen! I am a true Sherlock Holmes fan. I have watched every variation of tv show about him, all of the recent movies, and read all of the original books, plus quite a few of the takeoffs that other authors have written. I am also always drawn to other characters like him: quirky, but highly intelligent.
Dennis got my other bookcase finished. We still haven't gotten any more work done in the shop. We did finally get his dust collection system bought though. I hope that things slow down enough next week to start making some progress again.
I've been working a little on my crazy quilt pillow top...not as much as I need to though. Embroidery isn't my favorite craft, so I only work on it sporadically. I need to knuckle down and get it finished!
Well, I need to go. I have an appointment with a new foot doctor this afternoon. I'm ready to have surgery to remove my heel spurs, but I wasn't happy with the recuperation time that my other doctor was saying I'd have. Karen S. recently had the same thing done, and her downtime was much shorter. I got her doctor's name and looked her up, and she sounds like a much better alternative. I'm hoping we can get my surgery scheduled quickly and get it over with before time for Shepherd to come home! (Otherwise, we are looking at postponing the surgery for 2-3 months!)
Hope you all are enjoying the new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment