I have to lead off with the most recent news: Shepherd is home! Stephen and Mandy left last Sunday to go get him. Sheila stayed with Jesse at their house. We went last weekend to see them off before they left and have a little time to visit with Jesse. We haven't been able to "meet" Shepherd yet, but I've loved seeing all the pictures. Such a happy day!
The rest of the week didn't go as well. Dennis got sick Wednesday night with what we thought, at the time, was food poisoning. He was up all night, sick as the proverbial dog. I had already bought tickets to the movies for us for Wednesday evening and hated to waste both of them, so I ventured out on my own for the first time. It went fine, so I went ahead and made the trip to Keller for my doctor visit alone, too. The doctor told me that I could start walking: first with crutches, adding more and more weight as I could tolerate it, and hopefully in a couple of weeks be able to remove the boot. I CAN now remove the boot for bathing, which is wonderful! No more struggling to get the waterproof cover over it before every bath. I also begin my physical therapy on Monday. The doctor assures me that will give me a much better shot at recovering full use of my foot.
I was really excited to get home and start trying out my crutches and walking. After supper, I started feeling really exhausted and slightly nauseated. I thought it was just fatigue at first. After sleeping a couple of hours and still not feeling any better, I realized that Dennis' food poisoning was a virus instead. I haven't been throwing up, but have been very nauseated and weak, with chills. I had some anti-nausea medication left over from after surgery, which helps, but it also causes headaches. So today has been a total bust! I've not even used my crutches...to weak to mess with them. I'm hoping we both feel much better tomorrow. Ricky is trying to keep his distance so that he doesn't catch it, too! Sheila was supposed to come over tomorrow, but I told her she'd better stay away. Until everyone is well, and I have the energy to disinfect everything, NOONE needs to enter this house!
I will share one picture that Sheila sent me. I love it! My grandsons together!

No comments:
Post a Comment