Thursday, March 10, 2016

1 month post-op

Well, I am just past the 1 month mark since my surgery.  Went back to the doctor today, and she removed my cast. However, I'm still not allowed to put any weight on my foot.  I return in 2 weeks, and then I will start physical therapy.  I will begin to start putting weight on it at that time.  This is just taking longer than I had hoped!   Here is a pic of my boot.  Even though it is removable,  I'm supposed to wear it ALL the time.

I had really hoped I could start walking.  I'm thankful for my little scooter, but it greatly hinders me from doing much.  I guess I need a bit more exercise in patience.  This has greatly increased my admiration for those who have suffered with disabilities for years.  

Tomorrow night is Jessica's shower.  I am not sure I will be able to make it now.  The location isn't exactly handicap accessible...especially as wet as it is.  We had 7" of rain Monday and Tuesday.  It is still drizzly and overcast.  Ricky hasn't been able to work all week, due to the weather.  At least we didn't have any damage at our house.  Some areas of MW had up to a foot of water in their houses.  Several homes and buildings in Cool were torn up by a tornado.  I never heard of any serious injuries though. 

Just had a fender bender on the freeway,  heading home from the doctor.  Dennis said it wasn't even worth bothering with insurance.  A guy rammed into the back of us.   I've been concerned about that with all the driving back and forth to Keller.   Oh well, it could have been much worse!

Well this is sounding too whiny, so I guess I'd better stop!  I really have too much to be thankful for to complain!  I'm very thankful that Charles is doing so well after his heart attack!  God was definitely taking care of him!
I hope everyone has a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment