Whew! I hardly know where to start! The past couple of weeks have been very intense: first, the trip to the Ole Time Camp Meeting at Buffalo Point; then working feverishly cleaning and getting ready for our meeting; finally, our meeting. I don't know when I've been more exhausted, but it is a good exhaustion! (But today is definitely going to be a low-keyed day of REST!)
Thanks to Owen Campbell, Keith Avaritt, Roy McCartney and Craig Hays for their edifying and inspiring messages! Thanks to all of our wonderful visitors for making the meeting such a success! And thanks to all of our fellow Highway brothers and sisters for all of their hard work! What makes these meetings so great is the fellowship and support that we get from one another. I love the special time that we have to visit with the people who stay in our home. This weekend, we kept Keith and Lesa...with an added bonus of Layla and Macy! We don't have granddaughters (yet), so we really enjoyed having a couple of young girls around. Both were super sweet and polite little ladies! Layla was such a good helper. And Macy kept us entertained all weekend. Thanks to Jeremy and Kylie for letting them come, and to Keith and Lesa for bringing them!
All of the lessons we heard on "Loving the Brotherhood" were upbeat and positive! Owen discussed apostasy, but did it in such a way that you still felt encouraged. Keith gave a very passionate lesson on our Christian relationships. Roy taught us about strengthening those things that remain, and Craig topped it all off with exhorting us to recruit and replenish the body.
We spent all day Saturday enjoying the fellowship. We started off with a hamburger cookout at the Millsap Community Center. Unfortunately, several people were very delayed in arriving due to the closure of I20 between Willow Park and Weatherford! We still managed to enjoy some yummy burgers and a lot of visiting. After our 3:00 assembly, we went back to the community center for Subway sandwiches...and a ton of desserts. We stayed around visiting and enjoying watching the kiddos playing together until after dark. Afterwards we came home, got food ready for the next day, visited a little and hit the sack by 10:00. Keith made the comment that he used to think sleep and rest were an option...now he saw them as a necessity! I totally agree!
We enjoyed a generous potluck dinner yesterday between services. Our ladies put their best foot forward, with help from some of our visitors, by laying out a large variety of scrumptious dishes. I think we could have just opened the doors to the whole Millsap Community and not have run out of food. People started leaving after lunch, so our crowd was quite a bit smaller at our afternoon assembly. Then after the service, we had to say our reluctant "good-byes" and return to the community center to finish cleaning up. It is always sad to see everyone go, but hopefully we won't lose the spark that we gained from our time together. As always, one of my favorite parts of the weekend was watching all of the young people gain and strengthen their ties with one another.
This old body of mine is reluctant to do much of anything today, but my mind is still busy with what it soaked up over the past three days. I hope that everyone else who attended enjoyed the meeting as much as I did! (Sorry for not having any pictures. I remembered to take my camera yesterday, but I never took it out of my purse!)
No comments:
Post a Comment