Sheila was over most of the weekend. Things are moving along well with the adoption. She got her "ok" from the US Dept. of Immigration and Nationalization, and her dossier is on its way to Vietnam (although it will have to make several stops in the US first). We are HOPING that she will get her official match letter in December or January. We are also waiting on a new update and picture. She hasn't gotten one since about June. Her agency has sent a request for one to the orphanage, so we are hoping for something soon. A lot of people missed her first t-shirt fundraiser and commented that they wanted a shirt, so she has reopened it for another 2 weeks. So if you are interested in ordering a shirt, you can use this link to place your order: https://www.bonfirefunds.com/waiting-for-josiah. I love my shirt! It is SO soft! I've ordered a long sleeved one for this fall/winter.
We had a great day Sunday! James did an excellent job on his lesson on how society tries to "personalize God" to their liking. After the morning assembly, Roy and Dora invited us all over to their restaurant/junktique store for a catfish dinner. YUM! It was really nice to look at all of Dora's "junk" and enjoy the fellowship with one another. It was also a great opportunity to get all of the details worked out for our upcoming meeting (in just 10 days!) and meals. The details are listed on our Facebook event page: October Meeting.
Dennis has started working on the drawer facings this week. He won't have time to get much done, because we are leaving tomorrow for Arkansas. We plan to drive about half-way tomorrow and then finish the journey to Buffalo Point on Thursday. Those 8-9 hour drives are getting harder and harder on these old bones! Looking forward to seeing everyone up there and enjoying the scenery and fellowship!
As soon as we get home from this meeting, we'll have to hit the ground running to get ready for our meeting the following weekend. I've got my baking done and in the freezer, so mostly I'll just have to clean house. Since we are constantly under construction, the house isn't very "company ready". Tools and building materials will need to be taken out to the shop, and EVERYTHING will need a good cleaning.
I hope things are going well in your lives, and I look forward to seeing some of you either this weekend or next (or both!). Happy Fall, Y'all! (Yeah, I know it has been fall for a few weeks, it is just finally starting to FEEL like it!)


No comments:
Post a Comment