I saw a neat idea on Pinterest that I decided to incorporate into my Thanksgiving traditions. I bought a pumpkin back in October and started writing things on it that I am thankful for. Not only does it focus on looking for the everyday blessings in life, but it is also an attractive decoration! I decided to go with a white pumpkin, because I think they are really pretty...and I love the black and white contrast. I still have a few more days to finish filling it in. I don't just put the "deep" things of life on it, I put down anything that strikes me during the day that I'm thankful for!
I started some of my treat making last week. I got my pecan pies baked and in the freezer. I made a batch of Key Lime Truffles. And I cooked up a double batch of jerky yesterday. Tomorrow I plan to make a different flavor of truffle and some no-bake cookie balls. I have some sugar cookies in the freezer that I plan to decorate Tuesday. I'll save a few for the boys to do when they are here. I also plan to bake a sweet potato pie on Wednesday, as well as make my deviled eggs and start prepping for the dressing. Since we are smoking our own turkey this year, I'll brine it tomorrow, so it will be ready for Dennis to smoke Wednesday. I'm really excited to see how it turns out! So far, we've smoked pork (which makes the absolute BEST pinto beans!) and jerky and have been very pleased with how they turned out.
![]() |
| I've got most of the jerky hidden away, so there will be plenty when everyone gets here. Otherwise, it would all be eaten! We LOVE our jerky! |
Stephen's family plan to come in on Wednesday evening. Sheila, Daddy and Bobbie will come over Thursday morning. I'm really looking forward to 3 whole days with the grandsons! We are going to have a blast!!! We have a trip planned to the zoo on Friday, plus eating at a Vietnamese restaurant in honor of Josiah. Sheila has a sign made like our t-shirts that we plan to take a picture of all of us with. It will go in his special memory book that she is making for him. So even though he won't be able to be with us this Thanksgiving, he will be in all of our hearts! And, Lord willing, he should be here NEXT Thanksgiving! This will be Shepherd's first Thanksgiving with us. I've really been looking forward to spending it with him! It will be Daddy and Bobbie's first time to get to meet him. They are really looking forward to spending time with both of the boys. I've always loved Thanksgiving, but grandkids make it every MORE special!!!
Dennis was able to finish 5 drawers last week in the kitchen and should be able to do another 2 or 3 before Thursday. It is so great seeing the kitchen coming together! I'm very thankful for how efficient it is now and how good everything is looking. Dennis is doing an amazing job!
I hope that all of you have a wonderful week and a very blessed Thanksgiving!
(Psalms 100:4) Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. (NKJV)
(1 Thessalonians 5:16-18) Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (NKJV)



No comments:
Post a Comment